Windows 8 Attempting boot from Hard Drive (SSD)

AhmedZeedy45

Sometimes end up booting into automatic repair and then black screen, and some other times it boys into Windows logo indefinitely

Is the power not enough for SSD (as when It booted successfully before, it used to randomly get disconnected and I needed to reboot)?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Windows Forums mobile app

1. Use a SATA cable to connect the SSD to your computer.
  2. Restart your PC. Continuously press a specific key (usually F2, F8, F12, Del) to enter BIOS Setup.

Did you purchase a usb to sata adapter for 2.5 inch ssd drives? I used a clone software to clone the system drive to the new ssd. After that is done then l replaced the system drive with the new ssd. If you have a 3.5 inch hard drive, there isn't enough power from the usb port to the 3.5 inch drive so you have to purchase a usb to dock device for 3.5 inch drives and it has a separate power cord to power the hard drive adapter case. Is your computer desktop or laptop?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When I cloned my HDD to a new SSD I used an adopter and had the SDD attached to it and the HDD in the machine. This was thinkpad t520 and no is not windows. but USB power is limted on laptops. SSD use less power. If I had the HDD on the adapter it would not detect the drive cause of the power.

Back
Top Bottom