Attempting to install CentOS 7 in Oracle VM VirtualBox virtual machine ( VM ).

Russell

Attention: windowsForum members:
I have recently downloaded a CentOS 7 x86_64 ISO image file and burned it to a DVD. While following the instructions on this link, I arrive at the CentOS "INSTALLATION SUMMARY" page. It is supposed to appear as shown below ( note the "SOFTWARE" section below, circled in red ink, with the phrase "Local media" next to the DVD icon ):

Capture_CentOS_inst_1.PNG

However, the CentOS "INSTALLATION SUMMARY" page actually appears, as follows, on my computer system ( again, note the "SOFTWARE" section circled in red ink, with the statement "Error setting up base repository" next to a DVD icon with a warning symbol ):

Capture_CentOS_inst_2.PNG

At first thought, it might seem that there is a problem with my CentOS DVD, however, that DVD is readable, as shown below ( note the "DVD RW Drive ( I: ) CentOS 7 x86_64" drive circled in red ink, below ):

Capture_CentOS_inst_3.PNG

Why am I receiving the repository error while attempting to install CentOS 7 x86_64 in my Oracle VM VirtualBox CentOS 7 virtual machine ( VM )? Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help. Keep in touch.:)

Sincerely in Christ,
Russell E. Willis
P.S. - Please read Proverbs 23:23.
Holy_Bible_RSV_2_crop (692x687).JPG

"23 Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding."
[ Proverbs 23:23; RSV ]

Russell E. Willis
3559 Almanac Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32309

Back