The "mkdir" command in Debian version 9.5 Linux in Oracle VirtualBox virtual machine ( VM ).

Russell

Attention: windowsForum members:
When typing the "mkdir" command under the "/media" directory in my Oracle VirtualBox Debian version 9.5 virtual machine ( VM ) operating system, the following error message appears: "mkdir: cannot create directory 'vboxshared': Permission denied." There are currently two files residing under the "/media" directory: (1) "cdrom" and (2) "cdrom0." Can I create the "/vboxshared" subdirectory under the "/media" directory? Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help. Keep in touch.:)

Sincerely in Christ,
Russell E. Willis
P.S. - Please read Proverbs 23:23.
Holy_Bible_RSV_2_crop (692x687).JPG

"23 Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding."
[ Proverbs 23:23; RSV ]

Russell E. Willis
3559 Almanac Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32309

Attention: windowsForum members:
When typing the "mkdir" command under the "/media" directory in my Oracle VirtualBox Debian version 9.5 virtual machine ( VM ) operating system, the following error message appears: "mkdir: cannot create directory 'vboxshared': Permission denied." There are currently two files residing under the "/media" directory: (1) "cdrom" and (2) "cdrom0." Can I create the "/vboxshared" subdirectory under the "/media" directory? Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help. Keep in touch.:)

Sincerely in Christ,
Russell E. Willis
P.S. - Please read Proverbs 23:23.
View attachment 36669
"23 Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding."
[ Proverbs 23:23; RSV ]

Russell E. Willis
3559 Almanac Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32309

Update: Please disregard this post. Typing in the "su" command at the Debian version 9.5 Linux prompt solved the problem.

Update: Typing in the "su" command at the Debian version 9.5 Linux prompt solved the problem.

You can run a single command as root using:
Code:
su -c "command name"

Example:

Code:
su -c "apt update"

It will ask you to type in the root password.

Back