Windows 7 Audio CD help

Lakenz

Hey there, I don't know if this is the right forum to post in, but I will give it a try anyway.

Okay so, whenever I burn an audio CD on Windows Media player 12, all it does is burns the mp3's as an audio CD, which is okay, if I had an MP3 CD capable stereo. I was wondering, is there a program out there that does all the converting to WAV and burns it all in one, without hassle?

Thanks.

Could you just clarify: Do you want to convert your mp3's to .wav files to play on your mp3 compatible stereo? If so you shouldn't have to convert them at all (just leave them as mp3's unless you have tried and it didn't work), or are you converting .wav to .mp3 to play on your stereo?

Oh sorry D;

Okay, so an older stereo can't play MP3 burned CD's, am I right? They can only play the WAV ones, right? Correct me if I am wrong. I tried burning an MP3 audio disk on WMP12 and it didn't work on my older stereo. I then made a google search, it told me that only WAV with a certain frequency works. I then tried a further google search about an application that would convert and burn the MP3's to an appropriate audio CD format. I had no luck. So I came here, do you know of any application that does this? Thanks.

If you want to make a standard music CD that will play in nearly any CD player, choose the Audio CD option.
As you burn an audio CD, Windows Media Player makes temporary copies of the WMA and MP3 files in your burn list, converts the copies to another format (known as PCM), and then saves the converted copies to the disc.
Just below the Play Burn Sync Tabs in the top right click the drop down and select audio CD. Probably defaulting to data now.
Hope this helps

Thanks, I just had a little look at WMP, and it is defaulted on Audio CD. So I don't know what's going on. Maybe it's my stereo? Thanks for your help though :)

When you've finished burning and audio CD, explorer it and check the file extensions, should be .cda (Compact Disc Audio).
Additionally click the link for "More Burn Options" or just go to tools, options and the burn tab and slow the burner down try medium or slow instead of fastest and see if that works any better.

Thanks, I found another CD player in my house, and it was one of those cheap ones. Yeah, it worked fine on that. I think the stereo I was using is broken D;. But all good, thanks for the help guys.

You bet. Thanks for the followup and updating your thread with that information. See you around the forums.

Back