Windows 10 Audio louder than usual until volume is changed

sbb

Hello, tonight I upgraded to Windows 10 and began encountering a very strange problem with my audio. What happens is when an audio source starts playing sound, the the sound is louder than it should be - the actual volume in Windows does not change, the sound is just louder. It seems to be only the audio from that source that's louder, not any other sounds playing. This has happened when Flash sources like YouTube videos and Twitch streams load, and when I unpause music in foobar2000.

I can resolve it by simply moving the volume slider in Windows anywhere, then it will begin abiding by Windows's volume setting again. Even moving the volume up a notch will end up making it quieter from what it was. I've been uninstalling and reinstalling drivers all night, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Hi sbb,
have you considered re-installing the Sound driver? The upgrade may have corrupted it some?

So you did... Sorry must have had my blinkers on that day. Try checking this setting I've arrowed and see if it helps any:
equal.jpg

Back