Windows 10 Bad Mic Background Noise, But Only On Playback.

Gerald the sea ion

I have been having this problem since the update that changed the layout of the Xbox game bar (Windows key plus G), which is what I used to use to record. My recording always sounded fairly clear, but now it sounds like a fan is blowing directly into the microphone, even if the computer fan is off and no noise is in the background. If I talk through discord, it sounds good though. I tried using OBS instead, but I had the same problem. I then tried using an online voice recorder and it sounded okay on playing it back, but when I downloaded it, it had the same background noise. I have installed the latest update and drivers, researched it online (with no relevant results), and ran the troubleshooting program which said nothing was wrong. I am using the microphone that is already on my Inspiron 7559, but I have the same problem using a cheap one I got. If I didn't provide enough information let me know, and thanks for reading!

If the latest driver for the sound card is already installed then you can downgrade it to the previous version.
Launch Device Manager and right-click on the sound device and select properties >driver >roll back driver

If the latest driver for the sound card is already installed then you can downgrade it to the previous version.
Launch Device Manager and right-click on the sound device and select properties >driver >roll back driver
Roll back driver is grayed out, I can't click it

Back
Top Bottom