Windows 7 Bad quality videos - colour problem

2Shhweet

I have just bought an alienware with windows 7 recently and i am dissapionted as windows 7 has made my video player quality very poor comparing to my windows vista.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

as you can see the windows media player has too much red and looks darker than the quicktime player, but the quicktime player is not that good quality either, just looks a tad better than the windows, how can i fix this?

It was doing the red tint thing on internet videos but found out if i unchecked a box in adobe flash player it made the videos perfect but i can't find a way to make my pc videos any better. It also does the red tint on sony vegas and renders them with the red tint and darkness also which is rather annoying because i can't edit videos anymore for fun because it makes the quality so bad. i have the latest codecs (k-lite) ....what else can i do?:(

Thanks Mike
I tried to do that but when i click any of the 4 pointers to change the settings it just bounces right back to the centre ??

Hi

Your not the only one having this problem, the only answer I found was this one.
Try and see if this has any effect on the problem.

""If you're having video problems after the latest WMP update and have an nVidia card, go to WMP's Tools, More options, Devices, Performances and uncheck "Use High Quality Mode"".

I tried it and the same thing happens to me, and I can't find any Tools Menu.

If I find anything else I'll come back.

Mike

Last edited:
hey mike
fixed the problem, i just deleted windows media player and downloaded VLC player and using that as my only player now, it's took away all the redness and is working perfectly :)

Hi

I know a lot of people use VLC player.
There was a discussion about it recently on the Poser forum.

Glad you got it fixed, I'm still trying to find out why the tools in WMP down't work.

Mike

Back