Banned members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titanic wrote-
I don't know the whole story, but I don't really think it's all that wise to make it a public laundry. I think communicating with moderators and administrators would be the best solution. In these cases, publicity may be more bad than good. Simply because members reading the posts don't really know all facts. Eh?

Too late for that. I have several videos on You Tube, and posts on my website about my bans, and bad experiences with other forums.

As I said before,a lot of forums lock and delete threads for no real reason. And ban you for no real reason.And some other forums have such stupid rules, that most people I have talked to think they are stupid, not just me. You know that forum called Swarb Forums,the admin there says no names,not even your real name. Oops!I just named that forum!

But this forum is not very strict and is one of the better forums. Andrea Borman.

I hope you can trust me when I say, there's no offense in what I wrote, nor anything personal. I'm 54 today, can't recall any single person I would be hostile with, or one I couldn't invite for dinner. :)

I hope you can trust me when I say, there's no offense in what I wrote, nor anything personal. I'm 54 today, can't recall any single person I would be hostile with, or one I couldn't invite for dinner. :)

Well I think it is quite funny,me being banned from some forums.When I did not do anything wrong. You should see my videos about this. They are very entertaining. But maybe not to a forum admin or moderator. Andrea Borman.

Well I think it is quite funny,me being banned from some forums.When I did not do anything wrong. You should see my videos about this. They are very entertaining. But maybe not to a forum admin or moderator. Andrea Borman.
Another funny thing is, I've written some bull in various forums, I've even offended people, although I never intended to, but sometimes the juvenile in me takes control, and I go bazookas... BUT I've never been banned from any forum. Quite the contrary, having received a "friendly warning" after only a few weeks at UESP, I was made a moderator some two months later.

The mirror is our friend. I do believe you could benefit from a close look.

EDIT: End of discussion on my part. This would require a Court of Justice, and I really don't see means for it. Besides, I joined this Forum in order to hopefully be able to help people with some it-related problems. So, it'll be like "Titanic off".

Last edited:
Another funny thing is, I've written some bull in various forums, I've even offended people, although I never intended to, but sometimes the juvenile in me takes control, and I go bazookas... BUT I've never been banned from any forum. Quite the contrary, having received a "friendly warning" after only a few weeks at UESP, I was made a moderator some two months later.

The mirror is our friend. I do believe you could benefit from a close look.

But you have never been to Seven Forums. If you do that on Seven Forums I guarantee they will ban you. They just ban people for little or no reason on that forum. Andrea Borman.

But you have never been to Seven Forums. If you do that on Seven Forums I guarantee they will ban you. They just ban people for little or no reason on that forum. Andrea Borman.
That is that forum and this is this forum, so enjoy this forum and forget about that forum.

I know its difficult to live and forget but in this instance, I feel its time to forget.

I'm not a moderator on this forum but I am a moderator on another Windows 7 forum. I can tell you I would never re-instate your privileges, if I knew you had gone on tremendous smear campaign such as you have done. Going to another forum and asking for advice or possibly vent a little is one thing but to go out and make videos and post on a half dozen forums is another. If you were worried about getting your privileges back you should never have done what you did after the banishment.

Administrators and moderators have difficult decisions to make that effect their members. The decisions they make effect the entire community not just the one member that was directly effected. You may not agree with their decision but you should respect them for their choices in trying to do a greater good for the community as a whole. It is obvious you don't agree with what they have done, but you should move on and wish them luck with their community.

Well my ban from Seven Forums was unjust. But Seven Forums are very strict.One word off topic and a moderator will delete your post. And a lot of people have been banned from Seven Forums for no reason. So it's not just me.

And Seven Forums is not the only forum I have had problems with.But a lot of people write about being banned from forums and make videos about it.

I never got banned from other forums for doing anything wrong. If I had been banned for offensive content or being offensive to other members. Then I would have something to be ashamed of.

But I was banned for a silly reason. Seven Forums never told never why I was banned.So I can only guess at why they banned me. That member posted my video on the thread about Windows Movie Maker 6.

And in that video that he posted, I told about how badly Linux Mint Forums had treated me. And that they threatened to ban me. Because I kept going off topic in threads,that's all.

But the moderators saw the video, and probably found my other posts about forums from my website. They did not like it and that was probably why they banned me.

But it was not my fault that the member found my video and posted it on the forum. And I did not tell him to post it. But I cannot help wondering if the whole thing was a set up to get me banned.

Obviously if I or someone else has posts and videos on their website talking about forums and their stupid rules. And also posts and videos about their being banned from other forums. Even though the bans were unjust,which they were.

If a forum moderator reads or sees that,they are not going to like it. And some forums might refuse membership over this or ban a member.If they find out they have been banned from other forums.

It was a really bad day that Saturday last October 2011. Because I got banned from Seven Forums for thanking a member on a thread for liking my video. And a few hours later I got banned from Expert Law forums for posting about my ban from Seven Forums. So I got banned for life from 2 forums in 24 hours.

The only time I might have deserved to be banned was when I got banned from this forum. And Windows 8 Forums the other forum,that is part of this forum.I was banned because I was being stupid in my posts about Windows 8.

And they put up with my silly comments about Windows 8 and in other posts,for quite some time before warning and banning me.If you read my past posts here you will see what I mean. On a lot of other forums I would have been dealt with a lot harsher and a lot sooner. but I have learned my lesson.

What forum are you a moderator on,may I ask? Andrea Borman.

Oh yes,Windows Seven 7 Forums. I have seen that forum on the web. At first I thought it was this forum-Windows 7 Forums or another link to it. But that is because it looks the same as this forum and a lot of members from here are on that forum.

But on a lot of forums a moderator can only edit or delete other members posts or lock or delete threads. They cannot ban a member unless the admin gives them full admin rights. Andrea Borman.

"I thought we were done with this nuisance."
whs

Ditto! Had SO hoped we were!

Joe, whs, David, et al, be careful, though... someone actually banned me, a long-time Senior Member from our sister Windows8 forum for expressing surprise & dismay that this person was back, again. Even had the screwy audacity to accuse me of 'Personal Attacks' in saying so, even though there were NONE!

So, my friends & colleagues, be careful & watch carefully what you say & what sentiments you express as you may be punished for thinking you have such freedom.

Fortunately I don't see what this person says, unless someone quotes her, as I, still, have her on "Ignore" & won't even consider responding to anything said... safer that way & less distracting & much more stress free.

Cheers,
Drew

Last edited:
Some forums are strict and some are not. And some forums do have silly rules. Like on Neowin Forums it's against the rules to talk about other forums. And to talk about being banned from other forums.

And on some forums,it is against the rules to give names of other sites,forums or places or even use your real name as your username. While others are so strict they won't even let you put your signature at the bottom of your posts. So that means on those forums I cannot even sign my name at the end of my posts.

I think some of the rules on some other forums are stupid.But the bottom line is that,it's their website and their forum. They can make what rules they like. And if you don't like it you don't have to post on that forum.

And also they can ban you.Forums do not need a reason to ban you. A forum can ban you for a reason or no reason at all. It is up to them. Andrea Borman.

Mike any chance we can close this thread. It's going nowhere good.

Drew I know you don't like AB but she has as much as right to post as anyone else. She's never offensive and has never had a go at anyone so just let it drop please.

Mike any chance we can close this thread. It's going nowhere good.

Drew I know you don't like AB but she has as much as right to post as anyone else. She's never offensive and has never had a go at anyone so just let it drop please.

Thank's for sticking up for me,Nmsuk. No I have never been offensive or nasty to any member on here, or any of the forums I have been on. I admit I did say stupid things about Windows 8 and some of my posts were silly. But they did not insult any member. Andrea Borman.

I already quit this thread, but since the issue of Freedom is the most dear to me, I think this may need more pondering. I'm personally a registered member in more than 60 sites, and it's quite difficult to get a grip of the rules of them all. Since they all are more or less international, I could imagine we could use something like "United Nations Declaration of Internet Rules, Rights and Duties".

Going far off? Or perhaps there is one, already? But since we do have an International Law, I see no harm in having one on Internet. Of course, we'd need a Court of [that] Law too, and how to nominate it would be... kind of interesting. And finally, any Court has both the right and obligation to judge.

I guess we would finally go from ground to zero. Respecting the fact that Forums are highly upheld by voluntaries, the Forums also represent the values of these. And there's hardly anything more to say about Corporate employees, is there? They also represent certain values?

It's a dead-end. I've been searching for a "neutral" environment / collective all my life, without success. There is nothing such as "objective justice" among mankind. It's always subjective, and by means it is mainly and mostly judgmental. It's the way man goes. The mind of ours goes that way.

The result to be found is permissive.​

I already quit this thread, but since the issue of Freedom is the most dear to me, I think this may need more pondering. I'm personally a registered member in more than 60 sites, and it's quite difficult to get a grip of the rules of them all. Since they all are more or less international, I could imagine we could use something like "United Nations Declaration of Internet Rules, Rights and Duties".

Going far off? Or perhaps there is one, already? But since we do have an International Law, I see no harm in having one on Internet. Of course, we'd need a Court of [that] Law too, and how to nominate it would be... kind of interesting. And finally, any Court has both the right and obligation to judge.

I guess we would finally go from ground to zero. Respecting the fact that Forums are highly upheld by voluntaries, the Forums also represent the values of these. And there's hardly anything more to say about Corporate employees, is there? They also represent certain values?

It's a dead-end. I've been searching for a "neutral" environment / collective all my life, without success. There is nothing such as "objective justice" among mankind. It's always subjective, and by means it is mainly and mostly judgmental. It's the way man goes. The mind of ours goes that way.

The result to be found is permissive.​

Well banning someone's IP address is a violation of human rights. But a lot of other forums do it. But I don't think that this one does. Andrea Borman.

Well banning someone's IP address is a violation of human rights. But a lot of other forums do it. But I don't think that this one does. Andrea Borman.
Banning someone's IP is not actually a violation of your rights, if it is connected with your registration to a certain Forum. Banning your IP they don't ban your IP generally, or Internet wide. As far as I understand, it's a ban concerning that particular Forum, and doesn't go further. It's personal, not universal.

And there's one of my earlier points: why make a fight here, when the battleground is elsewhere? Why not try to make peace here, in order to perhaps make peace further? We all know mankind could make of more peace, we all know there's a lot of hatred in Internet. Go work for it, instead of complaining how mistreated you are. :cool:

Banning someone's IP is not actually a violation of your rights, if it is connected with your registration to a certain Forum. Banning your IP they don't ban your IP generally, or Internet wide. As far as I understand, it's a ban concerning that particular Forum, and doesn't go further. It's personal, not universal.

And there's one of my earlier points: why make a fight here, when the battleground is elsewhere? Why not try to make peace here, in order to perhaps make peace further? We all know mankind could make of more peace, we all know there's a lot of hatred in Internet. Go work for it, instead of complaining how mistreated you are. :cool:

Well if you ban someone's IP address you could be stopping other people from visiting the site. As a lot of people have the same ISP. And banning an IP address does not work,because the member can change the IP address. And get back onto the site anyway. Andrea Borman.

As a final note, banning anyone from accessing a server is not a violation of human rights. If it was a shutdown of the Internet in a country or a DNS redirect, that is different and it has been done on the TLD level, specifically in countries that have horrendous human rights records. This includes, apparently, North Korea, China, Egypt, Iran, and Libya. The Internet has become weaponized by nation states, just like they weaponize all technology. This is best expressed through the dissection of the Stuxnet virus.

However, here is an idea for you. What if you paid for the server costs of this website? And all of the costs that go with it? You are paying an arm and a leg to keep this service going. Now you have your own server, and maybe your own business interests on it. Whether you are leasing servers, own a datacenter, or own a computer, it is actually the right of the person who is paying for the right to either make that server private or open to the public to exercise his or her property rights on that device.

For example, if I determine that someone should not be using my property, searching through my property, or entering my property, in my country, I am protected, under the Constitution of my country, in this area. The right to own property is the western cornerstone of the Enlightenment that ended feudalism, lords, and kings. To protect my property, or simply exercise my right to use it in a way in which I please, is a fundamental human right. Your demand that it is your human right to use my resources is a fallacious argument. It has no basis in our world history, except in nations, states, and people that seized the property of their owners. We know what countries those are and have been. We need not go into that.

But, for example, under the United States codified federal law, some state laws, and even international law, it would be illegal to access this website, if I banned your IP address. You would be accessing a computer system, remotely, without the consent of the administrator of that server. In a traditional sense, you would be trespassing. It would be the same, were I to demand that I can always use your websites. These demands would violate your rights. In some cases, a right to privacy, and in many cases, a right to property.

However, this argument is simple for small people, and small business, but not on a macro-level. Not on a large level, a national level, or international level. When it comes to oligarchy vs. democracy/republic, we have a real problem with the assertion of property rights by large, international corporations. This is being discussed at the highest levels of academia, at places like Cambridge University, Harvard, and many other prominent universities. While large corporations seem to demand property rights, they are also create entrance barriers into their own system. If you know about history, think about the plebeians in Roman times.

"the unequal distribution of income in an oligarchic society supports the oligarchic institutions and may keep them in place even when the become significantly costly to society"

"When taxes in democracy are high and the distortions caused by entry barriers are low, an oligarchic society
achieves greater efficiency. Nevertheless, because comparative advantage in entreprenuership shifts away from the incumbents, the inefficiency created by entry barriers in oligarchy deteriorates over time." The Form of Property Rights: Oligarchic vs. Democratic Societies

I would like you to think, Andrea, how difficult and costly it would be, for us to start our own business, with a few employees, and some office space. In my country, it would cost around $10,000 (conservative estimate), just to hire one employee. For us to incorporate, and split the ownership of our company 50/50, it would cost us even more. We would also find ourselves needing accounting services. Today, when a business wants to expand, it needs what is called an angel investor. Essentially, an angel investor is a rich person or group, who will loan a considerably large amount of money for a company to expand its business.

The person who made Facebook possible, at first, was indeed, Mark Zuckerberg's friend, Eduardo Saverin. When it was a small website in colleges, he helped Mark put up checks for the server costs. He became the CFO of the company, briefly, and ended up suing Facebook, when his shares of the company were diluted. It was Sean Parker, the founder of the file sharing service Napster, who learned about Facebook, and became an angel investor. He put up huge amounts of money for them to expand their operations, hire employees, and pay for office space. Another well-known one is the owner of Dropbox.com. How do people reach these gentleman? I wish I knew. But in today's economic climate, it is one of the few ways to grow a successful, internationally recognized business. The oligarchic system has made it this way, to avoid competition. You see, what would happen if someone made a better site than Facebook, that everyone liked? Well, Facebook would do anything to make sure that this other website was not used as much, especially by not competing with that company at all. Maybe there would be a patent lawsuit (like how Apple has sued Samsung over and over), maybe there would be a buy-out (like Facebook bought Instagram for photos). Maybe there would be a non-compete clause in every employee's employment contract, and in every contract with other businesses. Like Facebook must now compete with Google+, they do not have enough money to shutdown a Google website. So in that area, two major, international corporations, are actually competing.

But eventually, oligarchy cannot sustain itself. As it becomes more difficult for people to save and invest money, and as the value of their human capital is increasingly lowered, even though they produce more and more, the economy breaks. Oligarchy is convenient for multi-national corporations, but not for 99% of the world. I urge you to look up the difference, and to find out how certain austerity measures in your own country may be being pushed into law by corporations. Why would they want to do that? Well certainly, if they could provide health insurance, and not the State, they would be able to sell a service that has unlimited demand. Because demand drives prices, you would think the high demand for a good or service would increase production and efficiency, making it cheaper. But when there is unlimited demand, this is not the case. The price can be set to anything, and people are still forced to buy. Even when subsidies are put in place to lower the cost, in areas like healthcare and education, where it is essential to the very basic needs of human life, there is unlimited demand. And this would support an oligarchy for all time. "For whoever controls trade controls the world."

I urge you to consider the ramifications of your assertions versus mine. The right of individuals to be able to keep their own property secure must not be infringed. At any time, we could decide that we do not want anyone from a certain place not to use this website. We would never do that, because as a principle that goes back hundreds of years, it is bad for business and bad for pleasure. It is the reason that segregation in the United States was doomed to fail.

Some would prefer to keep healthcare and education away from the masses, because it leaves them docile, complacent, and conformist. Without education, they could never process these ideas and understand them. Without healthcare, they would be at the behest of the "company man" or "company store" to provide for their needs. In the 20th century, we lost nearly 100 million people in world wars, fighting over a concept known as freedom (liberty). In my country, liberty is defined as no one infringing on my rights, or bothering me (menacing). As a result, I assuredly cannot violate the liberty of another. I am promised the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, not by the government, but by the natural laws of God. The government here was designed to be a small, but astute entity, that would do nothing more than protect my liberty. But I am reminded, time and again, how flawed this concept was. How Enlightening was the Enlightenment, when women were considered property, and could not vote, and whereas blacks were treated as slaves.

We must make an effort to improve ourselves, but also come together to improve our world. The founders of my country predicted a civil war, that killed nearly a million people, sixty years before it happened. In all countries of the world, we have a story to tell, but we must adopt a common interest in protecting the welfare of the people, and not large conglomerates, who, more often than not, assert that they have the same rights as a living, breathing human being. This is more than a sickness: it is a curse on mankind. Just as other eras had their issues, this is the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about.

So I hope you see the issue from my perspective. We fought your country once, because your King George, if I am not mistaken, forget about the Magna Carta his ancient relatives had signed... As cooler heads prevailed, our people are friends again. Why, then, is war considered good? And children brought to life after 9-11-01, well God bless them, for all they know is war, and it has a very real chance of becoming institutionalized as normal. If history is allowed to repeat itself again, but this time with nuclear weapons, we will never destroy this planet. We sill simply destroy ourselves. So when I see posts from you endlessly ranting about issues, you may be surprised that I do take them seriously.

You should know that I am opposed to your complaints if they are for complaints sake. I urge you to try a different method of using my sites, or I may be forced to take action again... you simply do not end it with talking about human rights and software, and being negative in general. It is actually very sad to see after so long. I urge you to live a positive life, for it is far too short for endless complaints like these.

I have been banned from some forums,well,just Seven Forums and Expert Law Forums. I was banned from this forum and Windows 8 Forums the sister forum. But in July the ban on me was lifted. But I have never been IP banned.

If you are banned from a forum I always tell people not to make the mistake of signing up on the forum again with another account and email address. Because forums have got your IP address and they will know it's you. And that will just make them more angry and they will ban your IP address.

I feel sorry for Poppa Bear on Techspot forums who got IP banned from Seven Forums. But that was because his brother created another account to try to talk to the admin. To some people banning an IP address means nothing because,they just change the IP address and get round the ban.

But then the forums just band that IP.And then if the banned person changes the IP address,the forum bans that IP. And then the person gets another IP and the forum bans that. So where does it end? Also sometimes banning an IP can also stop other users from getting onto the site,because they have the same ISP.

But at the end of the day if you are not welcome on a forum and as a result they ban you. It is no good creating another account or another IP.Because even if they don't find out it is you.The real question is do you really want to be where you are not welcome? So if you are banned from a forum,it is better to leave it and find another forum.

Here is an very interesting thread which Mike and I took part in over on Sysnative Forums,which tell of many members of that forum who were banned for life from Seven Forums for doing nothing wrong. Here-Banned from z3r010's sites

So I am not the only person it has happened to.Seven Forums are very strict and a lot of people have been banned from there. mAnd I read new stories nearly every day about someone getting banned from that forum. So there will probably be more people that will get banned from there. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom