Windows 7 Base System Device and Coprocessor Drivers missing for hp dv718us (Code 28)

pillpusher

I have recently installed Windows 7 to my HP dv2718us and am missing drivers. For all listed below I get "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

Base System Device

Base System Device

Coprocessor

Running updates for drivers have been unsuccessful. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It seems important. PLEASE HELP.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I've been checking through the HP site re' your model and it seems HP has only released bios updates for vista. Please check the link provided for more information:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

So it looks like there is not drivers available then right? Is this important? How much does it affect my performance? Should I continue to use Win 7 or go back to Vista?

It looks like HP isn't supporting that model under windows 7 or not at least yet. There are vista drivers of course and I would certainly try them using compatibility mode if need be.

You wouldn't happen to know which drivers these are would you? I think that was one of my problems in the first place. I didnt know which ones to download...thanks again for your help.

These are the drivers I found under vista 32bit (I assumed you were running in 32bit)

Link Removed - Invalid URL

pillpusher, I have the HP dv2000(2315) and like u I installed Windows 7. The laptop would no longer recognize my Samsung lcd hooked up via VGA. I noticed the same exact 3 drivers missing. I used kemical's recommendation of trying to use the Vista 32bit drivers & installed both NVIDIA GeForce drivers and a vga webcam driver, plus updated the bios to 3.9. Updating the bios took care of the coprocessor issue. I haven't been able to correct the other 2 Base System Devices, but my laptop now displays on the tv again!

i just got the other 2 Base System Devices corrected! I think it was the Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista. I'm just going thru installing pretty much everything it'll accept.

I have installed Windows 7 to my HP Pavilion dv2202TX and missing the following drivers:

1. Base System Device
2. Base System Device

The solution: I downloaded "Link Removed - Invalid URL" for Vista and the warning in the device manager disappeared. The drivers installed and this issues solved.

Hope this would help others.

Regards,

MSFnet

Back