Windows 7 Batteries, Laptop to Charge or Not?

Wilhelm

I have a Windows 7 Toshiba Laptop and I tend to use it while watching the TV, should I charge it then? I know that laptop batteries only are good for so many charges. Is it better to let it run down and recharge when needed? Or put it on charge while using it at home? Thanks

I get the impression that batteries are just getting better in terms of charging/recharging and what has been called the memory effect. I used to make a point of regularly unplugging my laptop from the charger once fullt charged and also regularly running it down to fully discharged. Havne't bothered with either for a very long time now - when using as a desktop it's invariably plugged in and charging, when no access to power supply it gets used for as long as needed or as long as it lasts on battery. All my batteries have run for years regardless of charging/discharging rates and patterns.

A while ago I read an article from a battery manufacturer and he claimed that it did not matter - either way the battery has a limited lifespan. But popular wisdom is to run it low from time to time and then recharge

Back
Top Bottom