Windows 11 Battery Bar Doesn't Work in Win 11

hawkeye62

Extraordinary Member
OK, I have read about how to install Battery Bar with "Floating Task Bar option". Doesn't work. Battery Bar shows in Windows> Program Files, but there is no executable file in the folder. And Battery Bar does not show up in the apps list. And Battery Bar does not show on the task bar. Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim

Microsoft doesn't want you customizing the taskbar because they decide what adds apps you have
if you want to muck around with 3rd party apps you need to understand that Microsoft will keep bring out 'updates' that kill the app you use

which exact copy of the app are you trying to run because there is about 4 so far... they add things like a 'start with Windows' box and the option to match system font... older copies without these will need to be turned on from the 'Device Manager' which is a shit to do each time

another work around some people like is to custom build the entire Windows 11 ui with software like StartAllBack that basically blocks Microsoft turning your task bar off each update but you have to pay a licence to use it

Microsoft doesn't want you customizing the taskbar because they decide what adds apps you have
if you want to muck around with 3rd party apps you need to understand that Microsoft will keep bring out 'updates' that kill the app you use

which exact copy of the app are you trying to run because there is about 4 so far... they add things like a 'start with Windows' box and the option to match system font... older copies without these will need to be turned on from the 'Device Manager' which is a shit to do each time

another work around some people like is to custom build the entire Windows 11 ui with software like StartAllBack that basically blocks Microsoft turning your task bar off each update but you have to pay a licence to use it
Thanks for your reply! Can I go back to Windows 10? My HP laptop came with Windows 11. One of the reasons I bought a new laptop was to get Windows 11. So far, Windows 11 is a big piece of junk. Nothing better, lots of stuff is worse.

Regards, Jim

i don't know what model your laptop is... if the makers website has a set of Windows 10 drivers for it then yes you can use that but otherwise 11 is what you have to put up with

note 2025 is the end of Windows 10 so in a few years there will be little choice anyway

Well surprise! I did nothing, but Battery Bar showed up on a game I was playing. The icon is a rather large battery, bigger than any other icons on the task bar. I can move it around to anywhere and set it to always appear on top.

Regards, Jim

Back
Top Bottom