Windows 10 Been BSODing five to ten times a month for over a year.

Been getting more recently, has crashed everyday for the past three days.

Attachments

• 111018-17265-01.dmp
    381.7 KB · Views: 228
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8018f8f6270, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiTimerWaitTest+350 )

Followup:     MachineOwner

Code:
PROCESS_NAME:  KillerService.

Hi,
Bugcheck 1E is usually associated with driver issues.

Your Network Killer driver was flagged up and it may help if you updated this driver.

A later version to the one your currently running can be found here:
Support For Z97 GAMING 3 | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

Post any new dump files.

But I already have the latest version.

Attachments

• 111.PNG
    111.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 219
The version you posted is:
lan2.JPG

The version available on the support page is:
lan.JPG

According to the above, you do not have the latest version.

That's for the program that comes with the driver, which I do have, and it's the latest version.

Attachments

• asd.PNG
    asd.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 258
If killer is the cause again, can I just uninstall it all together and use something else? What else can I use?

Hi,
the dump file was a little corrupted and so didn't open properly. I did see a windows driver named:
Code:
condrv.sys

This is windows console driver which could relate to something your plugging in via usb?

I hadn't plugged in anything new recently besides a new webcam. But the webcam wasn't plugged in at the time of the crash.

I've just been reading through your thread again and your system does seem to error out or bsod a lot.

Do you run any kind of maintenance regime?

By that I mean keeping the system clean by running something like Disk clean as well as defrag or trim the SSD?

If you have any old software which is no longer used uninstall it.

Ensure applications are the latest versions.

When was the last time the system was clean installed? We recently had the 1809 October update and as a rule it's always best to clean install these. You can find the relevant iso using the media creation tool at Microsoft, create an iso, use rufus to burn it to usb (dont use the microsoft method as it's pants) and do a clean install making sure you have fresh copies of your needed drivers beforehand. Don't worry about needing an activation key as your is stored online.

A lot of the BSOD's I've been getting since starting the thread I haven't talked about. So they're more than you think.

I do not run any kind of maintenance regime besides running ccleaner maybe like once a month, deleting registries, clearing cache, that sort of thing.

Haven't ran defrag or trimmed the SSD, but ran disk clean a few times.

I don't have many applications, and pretty much everything I have I use.

Last time I clean installed was January this year.

I can't clean install now, but can in about a month.

Trim should automatically happen weekly, so wouldn't worry too much about that. I would stop using Ccleaner and deleting registry stuff really isn't wise. In build 1809 the temp files and cache files are automatically deleted every 30 days. I would for now if not on 1809 upgrade to it via the media creation tool and see if that helps. Then clean install when you can.

So when you clean installed the last time did you see an improvement?

The reason I ask is because clean installs don't always get rid of the bsod although after reading this:

deleting registries,

That's probably your issue right there or at least a large part. It's bad practice and it's simply best left well alone.

The registry doesn't need cleaning either and cleaners are simply not needed.

It sounds to me like your system has become somewhat corrupted and a fresh start (as well as good practice) may be just what you need?

Ok. So...

1) Clean install.

2) Never use ccleaner again.

3) What about killer? Can I use something besides it that won't crash?

So when you clean installed the last time did you see an improvement?

I think? Can't say for sure, I don't remember. But I've had frequent BSOD problems for maybe 5 years.

Last edited:
What about killer? Can I use something besides it that won't crash?
If your system is running correctly then it shouldn't crash but in the meantime have you tried just not installing a driver and letting windows use it's own version?

Back