Windows 7 Been gettin BSOD while now( since couple days before new years). Please help.

caisa

Last week of 2011 been getting stop errors ending in 1f, now it seems to be 3b. My os is now installed fresh for about a week. I need to know if I have to buy new hardware and which one. Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forums.
There were no dump files that I could find in your attachment. So.....
First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be found later
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Then:
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Good luck
Randy

Thank you. I hope this time I have everything.

I'm using eset nod 32 antivirus 5

My mobo is a Asus P5QC.

I have a Q6600 B stepping revision G0 cpu

RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Attachments

• Seven Forums.rar
    562.6 KB · Views: 283
OK, let's start with a couple older drivers that need your attention;
ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 from here ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5QC expand utilities and grab the top one labeled ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit
AsIO.sys 4/6/2009 see if they have something more recent for that as well probably AsusProbe or something similar
L1E62x64.sys 6/11/2009 Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller likely from here ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)

I had the new atk driver and unistalled it for troubleshooting purposes. I got the one you suggested. I also got the newer one for the network

These bsod are at random times . I haven't had one in 24 hours. One thing that I don't understand is about the same time I'm getting these errors. i cannot seem to charge my ps3 controller in the back usb ports of my pc. I can charge it in the front usb on my pc, but not the back of the pc.

Last edited:
Since I formated again . I got the newest drivers for atk and atheros lan. I have nothing from asus installed.
I noticed that i cannot charge my ps3 controler from the back usb ports. None of them. In the front works just fine.

Please!! Can someone look at the dump-files I have attached?

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    82.7 KB · Views: 161
You need to run this AVG - Download tools and utilities (get the correct version for your architecture).
Since you formatted you will likely need to reinstall your chipset driver ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5QC
If blue screens persist please;
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+
Regards
Randy

Couple thing I don't understand:
1) Why do i need the avg program for?
2) what driver exactly you want me to install from asus website?
Right now I'm doing the mem86 test

You need to run this AVG - Download tools and utilities (get the correct version for your architecture).
Since you formatted you will likely need to reinstall your chipset driver ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5QC
If blue screens persist please;
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+
Regards
Randy

Couple thing I don't understand:
1) Why do i need the avg program for?
You need to run the AVG removal tool because you are showing evidence of remnants of AVG still installed on your computer. AVG has frequently been identified as a problem resulting in BSOD issues similar to yours.

2) what driver exactly you want me to install from asus website?

Last edited:
I formatted. Avg i still there because I have installed again . I did not chose eset nod 32. As for the chipset i went on intel website and automaticaled scanned for newer drivers and installed the newest chipset. Running mem86 at 4 passes with no erros still. However i did mem86 v 4.0 2weeks agao and it did find 1 error and i have a snapshot of that error if needed. Since that error i ran it again for 2 , or 3 hours and no errors. Right now the test is still going with pass 4.

You need to run the AVG removal tool because you are showing evidence of remnants of AVG still installed on your computer. AVG has frequently been identified as a problem resulting in BSOD issues similar to yours.

IMG_0348.jpg
I'm on my 11 pass with no errors? Should I still continue with memtest 86?
I restarted my pc after the picture was taken. i loadea utorrent downloaded one file. at the second it froze with no blue screen. I restarted and windows told me if i wanted to check for a solution as the pc restarted without turning off properly . what to do now?

Regarding the image, I would think that 14 passes with 0 errors is more then sufficient to indicate that your memory is not likely the cause of your current issues.
Have you uninstalled AVG and ran the removal tool from here AVG - Download tools and utilities replace it with Microsoft Security essentials from here Link Removed due to 404 Error
Afterwards if Blue Screens persist, attach new dump files here.
Regards
Randy

I removed avg. After it froze twice. no bsod. Restarted no mini-dump.After that I got a bsod with the mini-dump. Happened about 10 min ago.

Regarding the image, I would think that 14 passes with 0 errors is more then sufficient to indicate that your memory is not likely the cause of your current issues.
Have you uninstalled AVG and ran the removal tool from here AVG - Download tools and utilities replace it with Microsoft Security essentials from here Link Removed due to 404 Error
Afterwards if Blue Screens persist, attach new dump files here.
Regards
Randy

Attachments

• lastminidump.rar
    40.4 KB · Views: 178
I noticed a blinking mobo led. It did not start . So with the power on i cut off the power supply to the mobo by unplugging the main power cable and put it back on. Hope this help you to help me.

I got the new atk driver from asus.i got a new bsod.

I thought you had told me in an earlier post that you had updated this driver.
ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5QC expand utilities top one labeled ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit dated 2009 12 07.
Please follow up on that update reboot and attach any new dump files here.

Attachments

• 011912-14242-01.rar
    26.4 KB · Views: 167
We are still looking at "memory_corruption"
DUMP SUMMARY:
Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff960001576c8, fffff88007ca4620, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
Followup: memory_corruption
And
Code:
BugCheck 50, {ffffffffdb010c5d, 1, fffff9600024b750, 2}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
Followup: memory_corruption
Will you please;
1. Clean up your system disk, either by using the built in Disk Cleanup Utility or a third party program that you like. (I like Ccleaner by Piriform for such tasks)
2. Defrag you system disk at least twice rebooting between using the built in disk defrag utility.
3. Perform a check of you system disk by using the built in Check Disk utility. Launch and elevated command prompt and type chkdsk C: /R and hit enter, answer yes "Y" to the prompt and reboot.
4. Perform a check of your OS files using the built in System File Checker uitility. Launch an elevated command prompt and type sfc /scannow
If you are using any USB drive as a ReadyBoost drive unplug it or just remove the ReadyBoost option from the drive's properties.
Let us know the results
Randy

Back