Windows Vista Best Free Anti-virus

thanx guys:) i decide to go with avg because i asked some of my mates and they said it a pretty good on

Hi Python

I take it Comcast is your Internet Services Provider and MaAfee is the security software as part of your package. McAfee is a perfectly adequate security suite that will give you the necessary protection from "nasties" on the net. It is not free however as it is part of the Comcast subscription you have to pay.
Previous posts were asking about free products that were not tied to any other deals and Avast & AVG have been the best around for several years.

Well, thanks to the Navy, I just got the Enterprise or Corporate edition of McAfee for free. Can't go wrong there. :)

Hi Python

I take it Comcast is your Internet Services Provider and MaAfee is the security software as part of your package. McAfee is a perfectly adequate security suite that will give you the necessary protection from \"nasties\" on the net. It is not free however as it is part of the Comcast subscription you have to pay.
Previous posts were asking about free products that were not tied to any other deals and Avast & AVG have been the best around for several years.
:) I may keep what my computer was programmed with. These other programs don't feel right...Link Removed - Invalid URL

I personally like AVG 8 (free version). It combines both virus and spyware scanning in one, so when you scan your computer it does both concurrently - and, in my opinion, with a decent clip of speed with 1GB ram and a Pentium 4 2GHz PC.

I should add if a user decides to install AVG 8, you might want to consider doing a custom install and deselecting Linkscanner from the options to install it. Linksanner will scan all links (for eg, on a Google search) to either give you the green check mark of approval, or the warning sign. It slows down the browser, although some people may want to keep it. Your choice. It can always be disable later at any case.

I am just experimenting with a-squared. It is a new product from a team which originally worked with AVG in it's earlier days. It has several interesting features which others do not have as is an "all in one" program. (trojans, spyware. etc.)
It works in a similar way to AVG with a free edition or a licenced edition.
So far I have no complaints.

Back