Windows 7 Best free backup app - paragon 10

SIW2

Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Free Edition :

Link Removed due to 404 Error

FAT, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, APPLE filesystems.

* Support for the latest Windows 7

* Complete Backup - Create an exact copy of your PC including the operating system, applications, user settings and all data. Or select individual drives/partitions to backup.

* Differential Backup - backup only the archive changes

* Backup Scheduller - plan your regular backup

* new Support for all existing backup techniques, including disk and file level backups with differential or incremental updates

* new Any backup destination - including external storages, CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs, network as well as the secured hidden partition (Backup Capsule)

* new Automatic data exclusion - automate the process of building up contents of the future backup image, by excluding irrelevant data such as movies, music, etc.

* Support for GPT (GUID Partition Table) disks - back up and restore not only single GPT volumes but entire disks with the option of resize during the restore operation

32 Bbit and 64 bit program available:

Free Backup Software - Download Backup & Recovery

Free product key link:

Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition

screenshots:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

features:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
This is the best FREE backup solution.

Since when is ATI free?

The paid versions of Paragon have even more features, of course- but this is astonishing for a free app. , and may be all that many people need.

Not sure what you mean by "cloning to a bootable backup capsule".

The Paragon app. I have lets you do both - you can make a bootable clone HD, and/or, make a bootable backup capsule on which you store backup images.

Last edited:
This is the best FREE backup solution.

Since when is ATI free?.

It's free on the WD website. You must not read my blogs?

It does require you to use at least WD or Seagate hard drive to enjoy the free version.

Cloneing to a bootable backup is 1,000 times better than backing up to an image or partial backup or a backup that requires a 3rd party program to access your data. ... just switch your boot priority and you don't miss a beat should your drive or you os fail.

There is version of ATI available as an add on for those who have bought WD drives - that is not free to everyone.

Nope - there is a separate program for those who have bought Seagate drives - the WD one does not work unless you have a WD drive.

Those versions are very limited - and do not do a fraction of what the paid version does - nor does they do as much as the Free Paragon or Macrium apps. - which are free to everyone.

The paid version of ATI will allow cloning to another HD -which is of course bootable. I believe you can also make a bootable capsule - and store images on there.

They are 2 different things.

Most paid apps. will do that as far as I know - certainly my Paragon Drive Backup 10 Server does.

In terms of FREE apps. the Paragon has by far the most functionality - and is FREE TO EVERYONE - which is entirely the point of this thread.

Last edited:
I know - I have had it a while. You can d/l it - but it won't install without a WD drive.:(

Even if you do have a WD drive and get it to install - it doesn't have anything like the functions available on the free Paragon - or the free Macrium.

Last edited:
I know - I have had it a while. You can d/l it - but it won't install without a WD drive.:(

Even if you do have a WD drive and get it to install - it doesn't have anything like the functions available on the free Paragon - or the free Macrium.

I can't install it because I have the commercial version ... but I read that it works with either WD or Seagate. Maybe someone will confirm.

Any other alternatives to making a bootable clone?

It's not so easy because the BCD boot files can't simply be copied.. they have to be created by gathering unique guid numbers.... or some kind of rebuilding after copying and during reboot. My hat is definitely off to Acronis!

No, I tried to install it on a machine with Seagate drive - no go.

If you have a Seagate - you can get the same thing as the WD crippled version of ATI - it is called DiscWizard ( they also have Maxblast - which is identical - they both work with, very limited features, on both of Seagate's brands - Seagate and Maxtor) - here's the link:

DiscWizard | Seagate

Last edited:
Do you mean like this?

Lots of apps. will do that - make a bootable copy of the HD.

Do you mean like this?

Lots of apps. will do that - make a bootable copy of the HD.

A backup is an eact copy.

A bootabl clone is not an exact copy.

The bcd file is different from the original. If you do a bit by bit copy to another drive you have to repair your boot manager/bcd files... or it will just try to find and boot into the master it was created from.

No, I tried to install it on a machine with Seagate drive - no go.

If you have a Seagate - you can get the same thing as the WD crippled version of ATI - it is called DiscWizard ( they also have Maxblast - which is identical - they both work with, very limited features, on both of Seagate's brands - Seagate and Maxtor) - here's the link:

DiscWizard | Seagate

Does it have the clone feature under Utilities? You should try that if you have a spare hard drive. You will be impressed. 20 mins later you have a total bootable backup of your current system. You can change the boot sequence and go into either.. or use the 3 bcdedit commands to make a multi-boot menu on you primary os... and have the option to boot into either. I sometimes boot into my cloned drive to try something risky.... which at my skill level is just about anything that has to do with "Yes" haha

The Paragon Copy/ clone boots up just fine.

I understand there were some problems with the ancient versions of Ghost - you neeeded to generalize the bcd store before cloning with those.

The Paragon Copy/ clone boots up just fine.

I understand there were some problems with the ancient versions of Ghost - you neeeded to generalize the bcd store before cloning with those.

That's great. I never knew that paragon had a clone feature.

Dunno if you get it in the freebie . TBH . I use the Server.

There's nothing to stop you using both, I suppose. If you have Wd or Seagate - you can get the DiscWizard, or WD one. - only use it if you want to clone.

Otherwise, use the Paragon to make regular images - Scheduling, Differential, include/exclude options are all there. You don't get those in the DiscwIzard, etc.

If you don't mind fewer features - and want speed - Macrium is there - scheduling, mounting - incredible speed - but no differential or include/exclude.

Last edited:
Back