Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ad-Aware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Many of us now opt for the free security apps currently available but which is the most popular? Plus does this also mean that the favourite is the best? Hopefully this thread and accompanying poll will try and find the answer...

As the poll is limited to 10 apps if yours isn't up there then please post what you use in this thread.. Also some users like to run two apps one for viruses and one for spyware. If your running two then, again, please let us know..

Last edited:
I've used Avast for a long time but after switching to W7 64bit I thought I'd try something new. Avast had a nice boot scan feature but doesn't work on a 64bit OS.

I should have perhaps mentioned that I currently use both M.S.E and 'Spybot: S&D'..

I go with Avast free and Malwarebytes pro, with Spybot S&D as backup (handy for it's host file blocking features), I used to like Webroot's package on Vista a few years back but haven't tried that with Windows 7. I've also tried Kasperski 2010 with windows 7 (won a free licence for a year) and it was such a terrible experience that I ditched it after a month, largely to the very cumbersome options which are frankly bordering on silly for an average joe to understand, caused me no end of hassles trying to use its built in firewall, such a shame as the detection and blocking rates seemed superb.

Last edited:
I had Kasperski when I upgraded my Vid card,after installation I kept getting boot errors and lost most of my hair trying to figure it out. I had to reinstall my old vid card to get rid of Kasperski and life was good again.

I use Avast free and Comodo free firewall along with Webroot Spy Sweeper. I periodically run MBAM free and use a Hosts file.
Joe

Back