Windows Vista Better Downloads (DAP 8.7)

Celestra

Former Moderator
This particular bit of software comes from a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner. It is supposed to yield the fastest possible speed downloading without breaks or halts. For me, it's close to 40 bucks if I want it, plus 3 years of free updates. I can't afford it now because Microsoft just hit me up for the office suite they installed on my machine last year $114.00!!! I didn't ask for the installation, it came with my machine. All those updates-- I'll miss it if it goes away. Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) - Free Download Manager

For the most part it is a flawless piece of software. Though every once in a while it downloads very slow. It includes a little more than rudimentary ftp program and a few other things that people might want who download a lot. There is even a private downloads module. However, there is one basic thing everyone should know about DAP. It is a resource hog. If you do not have enough memory, a not that great of a processor, and or shall we say not the best video card; this program is not for you.

Back