Windows 7 Biometrics Help! Biometry not allowed by computer policy

snuphiluphigus

I recently installed Build 7100 as a new install. The biometric hardware is working properly, UPEK, although I receive an error message "Can't start enrollment for current user. Biometry is disabled by operating system policy." I am using the built-in Administrator account and I have already been through Group policy with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I did try the new Protector Suite and I received the same message... unfortunately. Again, I am using the built-in administrator account and have went all the way through Group policy and did not find anything that would not dis-allow it. Could it possibly be specific permissions to certain files? I really appreciate any and all help.

I do not know about UPEK, but I have had similar problems on other software suites when installing cross-platform, even with the same OS at each end. In my case, I had to also copy a "Key.xxx" file over and run it so the software would recognize the license.

The only thing I could find (and maybe you looked here already) is Welcome To UPEK - Support - Customer Support - Knowledge Base. Good luck, I hope you can get your problem fixed. It's the "little" things like this that are most annoying.

Hi guys. I know it is an old thread. But the problem is still there and I still haven't found any solution for it. So here is a workaround:

If not explicitly disabled, biometry works with all user accounts except of the built-in administrator account. Create another user account withh administrator privilegies to use biometric logon with it. If you need the user name "administrator" you can rename the built-in administrator account by using "security options" (secpol.msc) and then create an new administrator account called "administrator".

good luck

Back