Biometrics Help! Biometry not allowed by computer policy

I recently installed Build 7100 as a new install. The biometric hardware is working properly, UPEK, although I receive an error message "Can't start enrollment for current user. Biometry is disabled by operating system policy." I am using the built-in Administrator account and I have already been through Group policy with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I did try the new Protector Suite and I received the same message... unfortunately. Again, I am using the built-in administrator account and have went all the way through Group policy and did not find anything that would not dis-allow it. Could it possibly be specific permissions to certain files? I really appreciate any and all help.

I do not know about UPEK, but I have had similar problems on other software suites when installing cross-platform, even with the same OS at each end. In my case, I had to also copy a "Key.xxx" file over and run it so the software would recognize the license.

The only thing I could find (and maybe you looked here already) is Welcome To UPEK - Support - Customer Support - Knowledge Base. Good luck, I hope you can get your problem fixed. It's the "little" things like this that are most annoying.

Hi guys. I know it is an old thread. But the problem is still there and I still haven't found any solution for it. So here is a workaround:

If not explicitly disabled, biometry works with all user accounts except of the built-in administrator account. Create another user account withh administrator privilegies to use biometric logon with it. If you need the user name "administrator" you can rename the built-in administrator account by using "security options" (secpol.msc) and then create an new administrator account called "administrator".

good luck

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.