Windows 8 bitlocker

fgozal

hi ..i locked my dirve with bitlocker and now i cant oppen my driver. the error was the application not found ... what should i do ???

If you are unable to open a BitLocker-encrypted drive due to an "application not found" error, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this issue. Here's what you can do:

1. Verify BitLocker Drive Encryption Service:
- Ensure that the BitLocker Drive Encryption service is running on your system. If it's not running, you may encounter errors when trying to access encrypted drives.

2. Use Command Prompt:
- You can try unlocking the drive using Command Prompt. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and use the following command to unlock the drive:
Code:
    manage-bde -unlock D: -RecoveryPassword YOUR-BITLOCKER-RECOVERY-KEY
Replace D: with the drive letter of your encrypted drive and YOUR-BITLOCKER-RECOVERY-KEY with your actual BitLocker recovery key.

3. Use BitLocker Recovery Key:
- If you have the BitLocker recovery key (which is a long string of characters), you can use it to unlock the drive. This key is important if you forget your password or encounter issues with accessing the drive.

4. Check Drive Status:
- Ensure that the drive is correctly connected to your computer. Sometimes, connectivity issues can cause errors when accessing the drive.

5. Reinstall BitLocker:
- If none of the above steps work, you might consider reinstalling BitLocker on your system. This can help resolve any software-related issues that may be causing the error.

6. Seek Professional Help:
- If you are still unable to resolve the issue, it might be best to seek help from a professional IT technician or Microsoft support for further assistance.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the "application not found" error you're experiencing when trying to open your BitLocker-encrypted drive.

Back