Windows 7 Black Screen of Death

jackson548

I do not know where to start. I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7 home premium 32 bit. I am not sure about the rest of the specs as I am on another computer. Recently I had noticed a couple of problems. One in IE8 my gmail would not load also I got constant errors stating that IE has stopped working. This morning I downloaded a copy of Fixbee to fix the registry and it came with a tool bar and a search home page. As soon as I ran the fix, I uninstalled the Fixbee and the toolbar and search home page. When I rebooted the computer the screen came up black.
I hope that someone can help me.

Hello jackson,
2a99y0o.jpg
to Windows 7 Forums,

Fixbee is said to be a popular tool, I for one, have never heard of it, don't know if anyone else has, but it looks like you compounded your issue by using it. You have to be real careful on using tools to clean the registry, there are only a few that are trustworthy, CCleaner is one of them and by-far the most popular and used.

First, have you tried doing a "System Restore" to a point before you noticed the issue?
Try using this to eliminate any possible malware; Link Removed - Invalid URL.
Once that's completed have a look here and read through the topics to see if anything applies to your issue; System repair and recovery - Help & How-to - Microsoft Windows

Last edited:
Well I booted the compuer in safe mode as it would not boot in regular mode. I went to Accessories and system tools and opened system restore. The only restore points that came up were the uninstall points where I uninstalled Fixbee and what was downloaded with them. When I ran it the first time, it said that it could not go back to a previous point as it could not access a file which was probably cause by an antivirus program running. I clicked on task manager and there was no antivirus running. So I started the computer again in safe mode and tried to do a system restore again and this time when it booted back up the black screen was still there. I tried to boot it again in safe mode and this time it booted up to the black screen.
I would run the Vipre program but since I only get the black screen even in safe mode, I am not sure how I can access it.

Back