Windows 7 blue screen 0x0000007E 4f29d59c

mahmoud

Microsoft doesn't seem to have direct information about it, but it seems to be related with STOP error 0x0000007E, iaStor.sys, a Dell issue.

Could you please provide dump files i.e., open explorer, search Computer with *.dmp

All I dare to say right now is, have the latest Dell drivers.
I found the dump files ,but am not sure ,this is what i found

Attachments

• 032114-9313-01.dmp
    292.1 KB · Views: 509
  • 032114-9344-01.dmp
    292.1 KB · Views: 469
I get the blue screen error : 0x0000007E 4f29d59c , i have dell inspiron 7720 ,what should i do ?

And here is the dump files i found

Attachments

• 032114-9313-01.dmp
    292.1 KB · Views: 466
  • 032114-9344-01.dmp
    292.1 KB · Views: 471
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff880012956b0, fffff88003bea798, fffff88003be9ff0}

Probably caused by : iaStor.sys ( iaStor+496b0 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
both dump files were the same and point to an Intel storage driver as the issue. Laptops drivers are supplied by the manufacturer and looking through your driver stack I see that they are in need of updating. Also judging by this website you also have a bios update:
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/product/inspiron-17r-se-7720
Please ensure I have found the correct web page for your model as it's critical the bios downloads are correct (and drivers too).

Please any further dump files after updating the above.

Oh and I'm moving your posts to this thread.

Code:

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff880012956b0, fffff88003bea798, fffff88003be9ff0}

Hi,
both dump files were the same and point to an Intel storage driver as the issue. Laptops drivers are supplied by the manufacturer and looking through your driver stack I see that they are in need of updating. Also judging by this website you also have a bios update:
Please ensure I have found the correct web page for your model as it's critical the bios downloads are correct (and drivers too).

Code:

Hi,

i have tried almost every thing ,but nothing !

Hi,
post any new dump files please. Also please follow this guide on how to run a chkdsk:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Look in the Start menu for command prompt. Right click on it,choose properties and then run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.
I restarted my laptop and press f-12 ,to run diagnose to the laptop and it was all okay , and i done the scan you told me to do ,and it gave me that answer : Windows resource Protection did not find any integrity violation .
I have SSD for Intel rapid storage technology , and it was on the accelerating mode
So i was suspecting that the problem in it, after some reading ,so i stopped it and now i don't get the blue screen but the laptop take more time to start up
All what am wondering about now does the SSD for Intel rapid storage technology affect the working system speed or only the start up time

That's what i found about SSD :
A hybrid HDD/SSD caching setup has some usability benefits. Owing to the relatively high cost of solid-state drives, PC users commonly pair a midsize (60GB to 120GB) SSD with a larger hard-disk drive, dedicating the SSD to handling the operating system and frequently used applications and data, while using the HDD for bulk storage. Such a configuration provides excellent overall performance and storage capabilities, but it requires the user to manage multiple drive letters and--if the SSD runs low on space--to move data manually from the SSD to the hard drive and back. In contrast, Smart Response Technology hides all or part of the SSD from the operating system, and it caches data automatically. No additional drive letters are necessary, and data moves dynamically to and from the SSD based on individual usage patterns. The result is a system that delivers SSD-like performance and HDD-like capacities, without the user's having to manage multiple drive letters.

Good Job Mahmoud! Nice find too. Now it might be possible to update the firmware on the SSD, do you know the exact make and model?

After alot of reading ,i knew that when i disabled SSD drive all the data on it was erased ,i think the problem that the SSD drive was some how near full ,so i disabled it from the Intel rapid storage tech. software, and then enabled again to enhance the system performance
regarding the update of the frimware on the SSD ,i found that Intel has a tool box for that
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18455

Sounds like you have it all under control.. :) Thank you for updating your thread with this information as it helps others.

I have a problem now :(
the tool box has all the tools to update but it's blocked for me ,don't know why (may be it doesn't has the version of the firmware to update )
But it gave me the model : Samsung SSD PM830 mSATA 32GB , i tried to find it's firmware but i coudn't

Another problem when i enable the acceleration mode for SSD as before , i feel that the laptop is slower!!

Hmm... try running the Intel Toolbox in admin mode (right click it and choose properties then run as admin)

Back