Windows 7 Blue Screen Crash from playing games on Windows 7 (x64)

nmr1991

Having looked at the many threads covered on the Blue Screen crash, neither of them had worked for me so i decided to post an image of the blue screen file you'll find it in the following URL: http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm68/NightRogue6/BSODJPEG.jpg

I took photo of it and edited in photoshop so it looks clearer, and here are my specs of my computer, I have updated all my driver software, tried to fix in safe mode, core temperature was good, no problems with my motherboard, it's a little new aswell, and also i have 4 antivirus software packages 2 which are always on and the other 2 which i use just for scans.

SPECS

Graphics Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
System Model: MS-7345
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page file: 1275MB used, 2819MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

This only happens when I play on games, and that makes me think it too has something to do with the drivers but i've updated them.
Something tells me it's something to do with my computer overheating, it has been quite hot these few weeks but i have been getting these BSOD's ever since i have upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows XP which was over 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

Please navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the files in there to any other folder. Zip the files. Then attach to a post using the paperclip above where you type, in advanced mode reply.

0x124 errors are usually hardware and these crash types don't not specify which. These are of the more difficult cases to resolve. We can have a better understanding after looking at the crash dumps.

Do you happen to know which version of DirectX the games use? Since your video card cannot use Directx 11, the games or you must have installed another version.

You might do a DirectX Test.

Please read this article: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Link Removed due to 404 Error or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Test your hard drive: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Try this free stress test: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

...Summary of the Dumps:
Code:
[font=lucida console]
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue Jul 20 16:14:54.112 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:49:42.549
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8002d2d038, b2000018, 6000e0f}
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_GenuineIntel
PROCESS_NAME:  left4dead2.exe
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
[/font]

Very important to uninstall Core Temp software to troubleshoot and/or fix the problem while dealing with this and the help from above posters. Please let us know about this.

This driver should be removed from the system because of its date being too old:

Code:
PxHlpa64 PxHlpa64.sys Wed Mar 12 21:58:17 2008

It is commonly install with MusicMatch or other software similar to that, that accesses the CD/DVD drive. You can temporarily rename it then reboot to test without it.

It's at C:\Windows\System32\drivers
Rename it to PxHlpa64.BAK

-------

And definitely remove AVG for sure. Here is a special tool to use in safe mode to accomplish that...

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

nikida - please start at topic of your own so that your problem can get the individual attention that it deserves.

Back
Top Bottom