Windows 10 blue screen error 0x000001d8

RV27

Hello,

I have a few times a random error and resulted in a blue screen with the error 0x000001d8. Could somebody help me to solve this problem. I'm using an lenovo u31-70, intel core i5, 4gb ram, ssd.

Thanks, Rico

Hi Rico,
to help you best we need to see your dump files. These are created when the system blue screens and can be found in a folder marked 'Minidump' in the main Windows folder.
If no dump files are present then your settings will need to be changed so that they are produced.
This thread will help you in gathering the data as well as information on how to set the correct settings:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Hi Rico,
just to add, I did a search on the error code as I've not seen a dump file with a bugcheck of 1d8 before and ideally I need to see your dump files asap.
However there seems to be a relation between this error code and the Wireless network driver. Please update your driver by installing the latest version off your laptop's support page:
WLAN Driver (Atheros, Realtek, Broadcom) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo U31-70 - Lenovo Support (GB)

Please go into the 'Remove programs' section first and uninstall the original wireless driver before installing the new version.

Thanks for your help. I install the newsted driver for the wlan. I tried to open the tool W7F diagnostic but I can't open it because it's blocked by the antivirus scan. I uploaded my latest dumpfile. (It happend again a few moments ago.)

Attachments

• 050716-4718-01.dmp
    229.1 KB · Views: 494
  • 050716-4546-01.dmp
    234.1 KB · Views: 461
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1D8, {3, 3, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : Qcamain10x64.sys ( Qcamain10x64+111adc )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
The above probable cause is your Atheros Wireless Network driver:
Qcamain10x64.sys Wed Sep 02 09:09:31 2015: Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver.
The driver is also mentioned several more times in the dump file meaning that it's a good chance that this is the culprit.

I also notice your running:
PSINAflt.sys Mon Feb 15 23:19:23 2016: Panda Antivirus suite. This is known on occasion to cause issues and we always ask that users to just use the default on board Defender as it's ultra stable. You can always re-install it later but for now please remove.

I know you said you had already updated the driver but please do this again with the Security disabled.
Now the above wireless network driver can also be affected by Security applications so please make sure you disable Defender before either un-installing or installing.
Please make sure you disable Defender then uninstall any Wireless drivers found in the un-install programs section.
When you install the new driver, again make sure Defender is disabled, especially if you had to reboot as it will enable itself again.
WLAN Driver (Atheros, Realtek, Broadcom) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo U31-70 - Lenovo Support (GB)

You also have a 'Critical' Bios update pending. If your unfamiliar with the process then leave it or ask at ye old computer shoppe and see if they will flash it for you.
BIOS Update for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo E31-70, U31-70 Laptop - Lenovo Support (GB)

Post any new dump files.

I have installed the wireless lan driver with windows defender turned off and I install panda antivirus. How riskfull is it to runs the bios update? And how does it work because I thought this laptop is using uefi boot? Greets, Rico

I install panda antivirus.
'Install'? Don't you mean 'uninstall'?

How riskfull is it to runs the bios update?
Well if the bios flash get's interrupted in any way like the machine being turned off or rebooted then potentially it can brick the system. Normally as long as the bios file is correct and isn't interrupted during the flashing process then it's fine.
Whenever a bios has been flashed to a new version then as soon as you get back into the bios you need apply any changes you had made in the previous bios and set the correct time and date.

As I said above if your unsure on running the bios update then leave it especially if making the above changes stop the bsod.

I'm sorry, I ment that I have uninstalled panda antivirus. After that I applyd the bios update. everything went without any problems. My computer works fine for now. Thanks for your help. Greete, Rico

Hello,

Just a few moments back I got again a blue screen... Could you help me what the problem now might be?

Thanks, Rico

Attachments

• 051016-4437-01.dmp
    275.2 KB · Views: 496
A few moments back I had onother one.

Attachments

• 051016-6468-01.dmp
    268.5 KB · Views: 505
Thanks Rico, I'm going over the dump files at the moment so will post again shortly... :)

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1D8, {5, 3, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : Qcamain10x64.sys ( Qcamain10x64+1112a1 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see the same bugcheck with the same driver.
Information about this actual bugcheck is very little and even the dump file states:
Code:
Unknown bugcheck code (1d8)
Unknown bugcheck description
The only solution that seems to work for others (lenovo laptop users) is to download the driver direct from the Killer networking site. Normally I would never advise a laptop user to use a third party driver but in this instance it might be worth a try.
I would first ensure that you have a copies of both the old driver and the new in case the new driver doesn't work.
Don't forget to disable Defender when removing and then installing the new driver.
You can get the driver from here:
Killer Networking - Standard Drivers

Any problems please post back and include any new dump files.

I also forgot to mention that when installing the new driver, right click and run as admin.

I tried once more to reinstall the official driver. My laptop is about a month old so I try this first otherwise I will go back to the store and see or they can help. I don't think it is a good idea to install the killer drivers. But for now it's working good. Thanks again for your help. Greets, Rico

I don't think it is a good idea to install the killer drivers
Your probably right and as i said it isn't something I'd normally advise. To be honest I forgot it was only a month old, I would take it back asap.
A laptop or pc for that matter should not blue screening after just a month. If the issue returns Rico let them deal with it.
Thanks for getting back to us.

Back
Top Bottom