Windows 7 blue screen on startup

Ivoh

Hi guys,
I have installed Windows 7 32 bit on my Dell XPS 1530 with 4 gb RAM.
After installation the windows starts up correcl the first time.
However when I then reboot I see the blue screen of death with the following error:.

technical information stop: 0x0000007b (0x80D86B58,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x0000000)

Also I have tried to start up in save mode but without succes. I still get the blue screen,
The repair start up was run correctly.

Previously before windows 7 I hadwindows vista ultimate 64 bit + media direct (dual boot system)
When installing I choose to delete the partition with the media direct and formatting my C drive.

I hope you can help me and let me know if you need more info since I am running out of ideas.

The stop message refers to an 'inaccessable boot drive'
I'd try re-installing but boot from your disk. Change the boot order via your bios to CD/DVD first and HDD second, reboot and then press any key when required..

dell media direkt?!

The stop message refers to an 'inaccessable boot drive'
I'd try re-installing but boot from your disk. Change the boot order via your bios to CD/DVD first and HDD second, reboot and then press any key when required..

ok I changed the BIOS to first CD/DVD and second HDD. Then I reinstalled windows 7 but no luck so far, still the blue screen.

Then I assumed that this issue must be related to the DELL Media Direkt. So I followed the steps in the guide here below but instead of vista I installed W7: (1.dell media direct 2. windows 7. 3).
Dell Vista Laptop Reformat and Bloatware Removal Guide
It did´nt worked and the blue screen still appears.

Now I am switching back to vista first to see if I can get it to work normally.
If yes I will try to do an upgrade to windows 7 overwriting vista.

Any other suggestions? Thx.

Motherboard bios? Has it been updated recently? We have had a few users in the forum where this proved to be a solution so if need be give it a try.. You'll probably need to check the motherboard manufacturers web site for details on bios updates..

Other than that blue screens are usually caused by driver/hardware conflict and can be cured by driver updates but see how you get on with the bios updating..

Back