Windows 7 blue screen over sound issues

wassup99

hi all, i recently installed windows 7 pro and have been getting incessant problems over the sound. i'm using an (old) sound blaster audigy.

here's the problem - after installing windows 7 and installing a bunch of software and updates, my sound was still working fine. then after a reboot the next day and more updates, the sound disappeared. flash players like youtube would jerk and have no sound, and none of my games, videos, or system test could produce sounds. so i rebooted the PC and it got a blue screen, then followed by a system restore, and now the sound was working again.

so far it had happened three times in a row (over 3-4 days), and i have no idea what's causing the problem since i have no idea what got removed during the system restore. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audigy card to no avail. the driver is updated to the latest version (via windows driver update). any help would be greatly appreciated.

this is on a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)

What do you see for your SB Audigy in Control Panel > System > Device manager ?
Is the driver 7 compatible ? Did you try to reinstall it ? Is newer driver version available ?

under device manager it just says 'SB Audigy'. I have tried reinstalling it, and i have tried the driver update (via the device manager). It says the driver is up to date, so i assume the driver is compatible.

Back