Windows 7 Blue screen uncorrectable hardware error

Szymon Welgus

Hi guys.

I'd like to request your urgent help in helping me solve a blue screen uncorrectable hardware error on a laptop.

I was playing Mass Effect 2 when the crash happened and then the blue screen error came up and it lingered for about 10 seconds before the entire screen went black but the computer was still running and everything but the screen was black and there was no interaction, even the power button didn't work! I then took out the battery and started it again, and this time it sort of switches on but the screen is completely blank, it doesn't even load the BIOS at all. It just switches on and hangs there until I take out the battery out to switch it off. :confused:

Please guys, anything you'd recommend I should do to fix this problem? Thanks guys!

Doesn't sound good, but you might try an external monitor, or TV if the laptop has that capability.

UPDATE: I am now able to run my laptop in safe mode, it works fine in safe mode, so core software and drivers are not the problem. I then did system restore point and I started it again in normal mode, it then goes up to the desktop for about a minute and then the whole screen goes blank and I can't do anything about it unless I take out the battery. Any suggestions guys?

You can try replacing the video driver while in safe mode. You can use MSConfig.exe to load in basic video mode to see if it helps, or if you think something other than the video driver is involved, keep other utilities from starting.

Back