Windows 7 Blue screen, windows and other programs lag.

Miu miu

Hello this is the second time that it has happened where my computer will start lagging on all programs. I notice it will take a while to go to another page while browsing the internet, so i try to open task manager see if anything is off, but then suddenly task manager is also taking a while to open. Trying to close pages during this short period (usually 10-20 second) also takes a while. This happens until i get this blue screen. The screen froze during this time and i could not move the cursor. After booting up again i could not find a dump file.

Attachments

• 13091680_10205979207543820_860880081_o.jpg
    13091680_10205979207543820_860880081_o.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 322
Hello this is the second time that it has happened where my computer will start lagging on all programs. I notice it will take a while to go to another page while browsing the internet, so i try to open task manager see if anything is off, but then suddenly task manager is also taking a while to open. Trying to close pages during this short period (usually 10-20 second) also takes a while. This happens until i get this blue screen. The screen froze during this time and i could not move the cursor. After booting up again i could not find a dump file.
Hi,
please read the thread found here on how to post details on bsod:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

If your not finding any dump files then you probably need to change your settings so that they are produced when the machine bsod's:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will of course need to blue screen again before a dump file will be created. If you change the settings to the above but your still not getting any dump files make sure your pagefile isn't turned off or below 200mb.

I've yet to find a bsod caused by malware but it won't do any harm checking and is good practice anyway.. :)

Back