BlueHat Prize Q&A with Katie Moussouris

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Hi everyone,
Black Hat this year was really great. We spent a lot of time talking to people and getting new perspectives on the security landscape and of course, we announced the BlueHat Prize contest. The reaction to the contest was outstanding. In fact, within the first 24 hours, we had already received a few submissions and a bunch of questions indicating a lot of interest in winning the $200,000 grand prize.
Based on the questions, it was clear there were a couple of areas where we needed to provide more clarity. For example, who owns the technology, Microsoft or the inventor? The answer is the inventor. You can find answers to most of your questions in the official rules at Link Removed due to 404 Error but we also held a webcast today to go over some of the common questions. In the video below, Katie Moussouris sat down with me to address questions like “Can I make more than one submission?” and “What if my idea requires a compiler change?”

Link Removed due to 404 Error
Link Removed - Invalid URL

The deadline to enter the contest is 12 a.m. PDT April 1, 2012 at which time our internal panel of judges will pick the top three entries. We’ll fly all three to Black Hat USA 2012, where we will announce the grand prize winner. We will provide periodic updates along the way both on this blog and via our Twitter handle, @MSFTSecResponse.
Thanks!
Jerry Bryant
Group Manager, Response Communications
Trustworthy Computing Group

Link Removed due to 404 Error

More...

Back
Top Bottom