Windows 7 Bluetooth Not Turning On

All-Star

Hello, everyone! The upgrade from Vista to 7 was a smooth one with one exception; my internal bluetooth adaptor is not working.

I have a Dell XPS M1330, and I tried enabling it via BIOS, but it does not want to turn on... The BT Tray icon is not showing up, which is the way I normally turn it on, and Fn F2 isn't bringing up any Bluetooth options. It's not in Control Panel under Network, either... There's got to be a way to turn it on.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

OH THANK GOD!

Link Removed - Invalid URL

This forces the bluetooth to activate! Hope someone finds this thread if they run into this because this took me a while to find! Thank you for your help!:)

This was perfect! this was the exact problem I was having and your post solved it!

I bought a new bluetooth mouse and had to have it working by tonight. I got home and I couldnt pair bluetooth with the device in Windows 7 (I just installed it yesterday).

I had already found and installed the 64 bit drivers but the old QuickSet for my Dell doesn't work so I couldn't find out how to turn on the bluetooth manually. Also, the Fn+F2 wasn't working and this file was the fix!

This was perfect! this was the exact problem I was having and your post solved it!

I bought a new bluetooth mouse and had to have it working by tonight. I got home and I couldnt pair bluetooth with the device in Windows 7 (I just installed it yesterday).

I had already found and installed the 64 bit drivers but the old QuickSet for my Dell doesn't work so I couldn't find out how to turn on the bluetooth manually. Also, the Fn+F2 wasn't working and this file was the fix!

AWESOME! It took me forever to figure out. Now, i have a Dell XPS 13 :rolleyes:

If you ever need a 6-cell battery for your m1330, let me know, lol.

Hello everyone..im have the exact problem as you all star..I have a Dell latitude D820, recently upgraded from vista to windows 7 and now my laptops bluetooth isnt working anymore...it is built in and used to work fine, now it doesnt even show up when I go into control panel...im thinking its the same driver problem but i tried looking on the dell website and was completely lost...can some1 help me?

Gateway

I have the exact same problem, Bluetooth non-existant. However, I have a Gateway, please help

W7 drivers for Dell

Well I have the same problem, but in addition to it I can't install the drivers for my Dell Latitude D830.
Each time I try to install/run the DellDriverDownloadManager it says: "There are no files to download. Please go to drivers and downloads to select file(s)."
Before it closes again.
Needless to say I have tried many downloads and tried them several times.
All suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Volks

I had the same issue on a E6400 after dropping a corporate built Win7x64 image on it (BT had been working on previous images I had loaded from scratch). This got Bluetooth working again for me, thanks.

If the bluetooth software happens to be WIDCOMM (Applicable to other bluetooth softwares as well)

Go to C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software and double click BTTray.exe.You will find the bluetooth icon on the system tray.
You may turn on the adaptor by right clicking on the icon.

Hello, everyone! The upgrade from Vista to 7 was a smooth one with one exception; my internal bluetooth adaptor is not working.

I have a Dell XPS M1330, and I tried enabling it via BIOS, but it does not want to turn on... The BT Tray icon is not showing up, which is the way I normally turn it on, and Fn F2 isn't bringing up any Bluetooth options. It's not in Control Panel under Network, either... There's got to be a way to turn it on.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the bluetooth software happens to be WIDCOMM (Applicable to other bluetooth softwares as well)

Go to C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software and double click BTTray.exe.You will find the bluetooth icon on the system tray.
You may turn on the adaptor by right clicking on the icon.

OH THANK GOD!

Drivers and Downloads

This forces the bluetooth to activate! Hope someone finds this thread if they run into this because this took me a while to find! Thank you for your help!:)

That link didn't exist anymore on dell (Dec 2012) but I was able to get Bluetooth working using this driver from Dell

The file is called R235168.exe in case link stops working. It reinstalled bluetooth driver and got the system tray icon working again (BTTray.exe stopped working after a Windows Update).

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom