Windows 8 Bootcamp problem on mac

karenlhk

I am a mac user but woud like to install windows 8 or 8.1 wtever on my mac.
I would like to do bootcamp for this.
I found a stduent version of windows 8 and purchased that but it turns out it's an exe file and I couldnt open it on my mac. It seems that I need an iso file but whats that actually? Where can I purchase an iso file of windows 8 legally on internet? I dont have any windows store in my town.
Also I got a problem when I tried bootcamp it said I need a CD or DVD but i dont have one. Can't I just do it by my USB?
Please can sb help me with this I need a windows so badly. Thanks a lot!

Damn good question: IDK....

Honestly, I think is should work for the MAC...but I just don't know. I don't have a MAC and don't know anybody who does that may have tried it.

Only thing I can say is try it and see what happens.

OH...also try the MAC forums and see what they have to say....could provide some valuable information on the subject.

Damn good question: IDK....

Honestly, I think is should work for the MAC...but I just don't know. I don't have a MAC and don't know anybody who does that may have tried it.

Only thing I can say is try it and see what happens.

OH...also try the MAC forums and see what they have to say....could provide some valuable information on the subject.

Does it mean that I can run the exe on a PC and then i got the code and move back to mac?
Omg Im getting so confused with that. I went to a mac store but they refused to help with me..

Does it mean that I can run the exe on a PC and then i got the code and move back to mac?

Well, first you need to understand the expressions. Your Mac is a pc made by Apple - therefore a hardware trademark, Windows is an operating system - hence a software trademark.
Wether you can execute certain things on your machine depends on the operating system you use. So, which operating system runs on your Mac?

sincerely

Well, first you need to understand the expressions. Your Mac is a pc made by Apple - therefore a hardware trademark, Windows is an operating system - hence a software trademark.
Wether you can execute certain things on your machine depends on the operating system you use. So, which operating system runs on your Mac?

sincerely

Thanks for ur reply.
I guess its OS X 10.9.4. Its a 15" pro. And I want to simply bootcamp to install a windows 8 on this mac.

I guess its OS X 10.9.4. Its a 15" pro. And I want to simply bootcamp to install a windows 8 on this mac.

Ok, I am not familiar with OS.X but in theory the execution of data is always the same. Here is what I recommend:
> What you need are the files of the Windows operating system
You stated you have an exe. How large is that file? It should be several gigabytes because an operating system is pretty big. If not, you will need to get an ISO which should be considerably large in data volume.

> Get a drive where you can move your ISO to.
This can be a flash drive like on a USB stick. A DVD is fine as well.

> Move your ISO properly to the drive
a) Guide for DVD
b) Guide for USB stick

> Use bootcamp (duh)
Apple support

As I am a Windows 7 user, I cannot tell from my own experience. We need to rely on other sources. Google is a good tool for searching such.

sincerely
TRSS

Ok, I am not familiar with OS.X but in theory the execution of data is always the same. Here is what I recommend:
> What you need are the files of the Windows operating system
You stated you have an exe. How large is that file? It should be several gigabytes because an operating system is pretty big. If not, you will need to get an ISO which should be considerably large in data volume.

> Get a drive where you can move your ISO to.
This can be a flash drive like on a USB stick. A DVD is fine as well.

> Move your ISO properly to the drive
a) Guide for DVD
b) Guide for USB stick

> Use bootcamp (duh)
Apple support

As I am a Windows 7 user, I cannot tell from my own experience. We need to rely on other sources. Google is a good tool for searching such.

sincerely
TRSS

Amazing!
So it works if I purchased for the windows student version from this link?
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Windows-8.1-Pro-Student/productID.288769600?tid=sf0kxpKH7_dc&cid=5250&pcrid=25485128093&pkw=download windows 8 for students&pmt=b&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=pointitsem_Microsoft US_google_5 - Windows 8&WT.term=download windows 8 for students&WT.campaign=5 - Windows 8&WT.content=f0kxpKH7&WT.source=google&WT.medium=cpc

1. Mac and Windows (for legial and code reasions) don't get on.
2. You can load a Mac onto a windows system using vm-ware, it's not supported but it does work.

You can load a Mac onto a windows system using vm-ware, it's not supported but it does work.
No, you cannot load hardware onto software. It does not work because this makes no sense at all.

Amazing!
So it works if I purchased for the windows student version from this link?
Well, I hope it gives you a fully functional ISO file. If yes, then you are good to go.

Back
Top Bottom