Windows 7 Bootmgr missing and random fallout of computer in sleep mode

Melvin Alken

I've got this problem for a week n
ow, and I really hate it that i can't boot my computer the normal way.
Everything worked great in the beginning, but sometimes when i try to put my computer in sleep mode, it just turns off and never gets on. I have to remove the plug for a minute and plug it back in and then it just works normal, but this time it doesnt. It said: "Bootmgr missing, please press CTRL+ALT+DEL for reboot"
I did that, and then i pressed F12 for boot menu. I selected my boot drive and it works again.

But everytime that i boot or reboot my computer, it does the same thing all the time!
Of course, I think that this is really annoying, and thats why I ask you if i can fix this.

Also, when i go to Bios Setup, i go to Boot device #1, I cant find my drive where I bootup with.

Please help me fix this problem, and here some Technical information:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
GigaByte 970A-DS3P motherboard
AMD FX-4300 Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card

I don't really know what the problem is that he can't find my boot drive, but I think this may be a warning for a more major problem that can happen soon..

Please, help me :)

It may be as simple as your "Power Options" in Control Panel. You might find help in http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-create-delete-power-plan-scheme#1TC=windows-7

Sleep and hibernation may be impossible with some systems. All automatic functions would be better turned to naught or at least minimum; some systems have never recovered from hibernation. Better to close down your computer by yourself, than to have it do it automatic. Also, best to have Update just inform you, don't have Auto Update on.

Ok, i've done this, but nothing happened. I forget to mention that i already have set my power options in my preference.
Thank you, but it didn't work.

So I wouldn't set my computer on sleep mode. But how to solve that Bootmgr problem??

Computer age? Doesn't seem so old. Perhaps you have warranty, in which case it would be good to take it for service. If they are customer friendly, they will help you.

"Can't find my boot drive" is quite rare in Windows, it indicates a motherboard problem, may be a cable issue. In my view. I'd say a BIOS issue. May be just a setting there, have you changed anything? You could try BIOS and "Default settings". Or take out the CMOS battery for some thirty seconds, then re-install it, you'll be asked to "do something" mainly "Do you want to start with default settings?" where you should answer simply "Yes" or "Ok".

You haven't dropped your computer, or anything such?

But to be sure, I suggest you contact someone who can physically attend. This sort of "far away" solution is... precisely that, far away. Not seeing what happens on the screen, if there happens anything, can't really tell.

Truly Yours.

Last edited:
Thanks By the way for the tip to never put my computer in hybernation again, it never falls out!!
But I've heared that you can run the startup repair on your windows Startup CD.
I've tried that, but i have changed my computer system from 32 bit to 64 bit, so that doesn't work anymore..
Do you have an idea of how I can fix this?
Because this is I think the best and maybe only way to solve the startup issue.

By The Way, i have built my computer. So I couldn't have dropped it,
It's a desktop, and not a Laptop from a brand.

I have 2 drives:
My SSD (here I startup my windows)
and my HDD (Mass Storage)

And maybe the BOOTMGR is missing problem was caused when I Put my computer in hybernation mode.
I was somewhere else, and my dad couldn't get it on.
So he plugged out my power cable, and replugged it (because I said that was the solution to the hybernation problem at the moment)
And then he waited for my computer to start up, and then, it said: "BOOTMGR is missing, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

By The way this is some extra information, it may help you to help me solve the problem

I wonder, how did you change from 32 to 64 bits? You must have the 64 bit installation material? Slightly confusing. You either have a 32 bit OS or a 64 bit OS, or then you have both installed, with the computer going nuts because it doesn't know what to start. To be quite honest, it sounds a bit smelly. :scratch:

I would recommend the use of a partition program that works via BIOS = a disc from which you boot in order to see what you have. There are several options, personally I'm familiar with GParted.

Back