Windows 8 BOSD when playing games

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe00041bb9028, be000000, 100110a}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
bugcheck 124 means a fatal hardware error occurred. This type of bugcheck can be caused by a few things like overheating, device drivers, system bios and system service. (RAM can also be a cause)
Check your temperatures whilst playing games. Use the app below to monitor idle and load temps.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

Remove any dust build up from inside the computer case.

I also notice your running Norton. This is always a red flag as Norton is well known for causing issues and isn't the once great app it used to be. If the bsod continues consider removing Norton as a test. You can always install it again later. Use the tool to remove:
Uninstall your Norton product using Norton Removal Tool

Your drivers are a little old in places so please use your motherboard support page to update everything:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4980#bios

See how you get on with the above. If you bsod again please post the dump file and we'll try other things.

Code:

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe00041bb9028, be000000, 100110a}

Hi,
bugcheck 124 means a fatal hardware error occurred. This type of bugcheck can be caused by a few things like overheating, device drivers, system bios and system service. (RAM can also be a cause)
Check your temperatures whilst playing games. Use the app below to monitor idle and load temps.

Remove any dust build up from inside the computer case.

I also notice your running Norton. This is always a red flag as Norton is well known for causing issues and isn't the once great app it used to be. If the bsod continues consider removing Norton as a test. You can always install it again later. Use the tool to remove:

Your drivers are a little old in places so please use your motherboard support page to update everything:

See how you get on with the above. If you bsod again please post the dump file and we'll try other things.
yo i uninstalled norton and i doubt it would be a overheating issue as i have liquid cooling but it did crash again so here it is. Thanks for trying to help though.

Attachments

• 112515-49796-01.rar
    22 KB · Views: 313
Code:

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe00123dc0028, be000000, 100110a}

Hi,
as you can see same again. Regardless of whether you have watercooling or not I'd still check the temps. In fact try a stability test using Prime95. Monitor your temps during the test and run it for a good hour or so:
GIMPS - Free Prime95 software downloads - PrimeNet
This will tell us if there is a problem with stability which if there is gives us other avenues to explore.

Make sure you update those drivers especially the Intel Engine management driver and Inf
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4980#driver

Run the Intel diagnostic for CPU:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (64-bit)

I even seen this bugcheck caused by an out of date Flash player so make sure your browsers are up to date etc.

When the system crashes is it always with the same game or can it be any?

Oh I forgot to ask. Can you post which graphics card your using and the make and model of your PSU too. Thanks

Code:

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe00123dc0028, be000000, 100110a}

Hi,
as you can see same again. Regardless of whether you have watercooling or not I'd still check the temps. In fact try a stability test using Prime95. Monitor your temps during the test and run it for a good hour or so:

This will tell us if there is a problem with stability which if there is gives us other avenues to explore.

Make sure you update those drivers especially the Intel Engine management driver and Inf

Run the Intel diagnostic for CPU:

I even seen this bugcheck caused by an out of date Flash player so make sure your browsers are up to date etc.

When the system crashes is it always with the same game or can it be any?

Oh I forgot to ask. Can you post which graphics card your using and the make and model of your PSU too. Thanks
When the system crashes it seems to be any game, but now that i think about it its only the intenser games so you could be right about the overheating. My graphics card is the AMD R9 295x2 and i ran the intel diagonstic tool and it came up clean. I updated the Intel Engine management drive and flash. Finally i ran prime95 and about 5 seconds after i started it crashed my computer (attached).
Also thank you for trying to help with my BSOD

Attachments

• 112615-45515-01.rar
    22.3 KB · Views: 293
Code:

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe0018f651028, be000000, 100110a}

Hi,
ok well if the cpu crashed almost straight away then it could be either heat related or PSU related. You don't mention what temperatures, if any, you saw on the cpu. (although 5 seconds doesn't sound long enough for the cpu to overheat but in any case if you could obtain some figures we'll at least have an idea)
Can you post the make and model of your PSU please.

Code:

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe0018f651028, be000000, 100110a}

Hi,
ok well if the cpu crashed almost straight away then it could be either heat related or PSU related. You don't mention what temperatures, if any, you saw on the cpu. (although 5 seconds doesn't sound long enough for the cpu to overheat but in any case if you could obtain some figures we'll at least have an idea)
Can you post the make and model of your PSU please.
Okay its the 1,000 Watts - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 with 80 PLUS Silver, Semi-Modular Cables Power Supply. Also it was at 40°C when i started the prime95 and I doubt 5 seconds is enough to overheat

I did notice your bios was slightly out of date with later bios updates adding more stability. Try updating the bios and see if it helps any.

This help page from gigabyte will show you:
GIGABYTE How to Reflash Motherboard BIOS

One of the reasons I use Gigabyte boards (I have a Z97 Gaming 7) is because they have a dual bios. If you mess up with one you have a fall back. Just take your time and follow the instructions and you'll do fine.

So I did exactly as it said using @bios and that finished fine with no errors and it had me restart the computer, but now the computer won't boot window, it gets past the gigabyte flash screen then freezes, I can enter the bios and I even tried using the windows install disk and it does the exact same thing

Set your bios to optimised defaults. If that fails to work then just go through the bios and make sure things look as they should. If it's still playing up then you can swap over to the other bios by a flick of a switch. If you go to page 22 of your motherboard manual you'll see a diagram of the bios switches. You will of course need to be running in dual bios mode and simply boot the back up bios. If don't have a manual or have lost it then download it here:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4980#manual

Did you change the bios to optimised defaults?
Boot from the windows install disk and get into the recovery panel. This means changing the boot order so that your machine will boot from the disk. Don't re-install just go into the recovery options and boot into safe mode. If the machine will boot into safe mode then chances are it's a driver causing the issue.

Okay so I had to unplug the graphics card to be able to boot to the disk (normal booting didn't work after unplugging the graphics card) and i have successfully been able to enter safe mode what do I do now

Well if you managed to boot into safe mode then chances are it's a driver issue. Whilst your in safe mode can you check the event log and see if anything is mentioned there?
Failing that go into the recovery panel and run a reset.

I'm a little confused as to why you had to unplug the gpu. If you have a UEFI bios make sure it's on legacy mode.

I have an error spammed throughout the logs, "dcom got error" 1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "unavailable" in order to run the server {B52D54BB-4818-4EB9-AA80-F9EACD371DF8}

That doesn't mean anything relating to your new issue.

Did you check your bios is on legacy mode?

Try running a reset.

It's getting late here and i need to go to sleep. I'll check back first thing to see how you got on. Good luck!

Back