Windows 7 Both 32 and 64 bit will be included/

JoCola

I've heard Windows Windows & Peremium and Ultimate will both come with 2 discs, one for 32 bit and 64 bit, so does this mean if I have both a 64 bit and 32 machine, I only have to buy one copy?

No. You will need to buy two copies. Although both x86 and x64 will come on the same disk, you will only be able to use one at a time.

Last edited:
Not going to happen. The RC keys are free and can be activated on any number of machines. The retail however will only come with one key, that can only be activated on one machine at a time. If you want to activate 7 on two machines, you will need to buy two copies.

I'm glad that both versions will be supplied but clearly you are meant to only use one of those and presumably only the last one activated will work without a genuine advantage type warning showing up.

Loathe,
You are correct. For anyone who plans to purchase Windows 7 when it is released October 22nd, you might like to know that you can now pre-order your copy of Windows 7 for a discounted price! For more information, see the Windows 7 Pre-Order offer page here: Windows: Windows 7 Pre-Order Offer
***Please note that this is a limited time offer and valid only while supplies last***
Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Thanks loathe and Jessica for clearing that up - one guy on another forum had been saying that you could install the full version on two computers, which I was reluctant to believe as I had come across this in the past when I bought a laptop from Dell and I bought the full version of XP Pro at the the time as the salesman had insisted that I could install it on two computers - only to find out later that I couldn't activate it on the 2nd computer I installed it on. I spoke to MS support about this and they confirmed it could only be installed on one computer. I was livid with Dell, but they refused to do anything about it.

I have now posted these comments on the other forum pointing out the error in the original post.

Jessica - if you would like to add a follow up comment on the other forum you can see it here:-
MS Windows 7 Pre-order from £49.99 - AVForums.com (5th post down by Mattclarkie)

my comments are here:- MS Windows 7 Pre-order from £49.99 - Page 4 - AVForums.com (4th page)

Thanks

I need a Win 7 dual boot, with the 64 bit and 32 bit on my computer. Epson does not have 64 bit drivers for my RX680. Win 7/32 works the printer as if it were Vista.

Can I buy one copy and get the 32 and 64 bit Win 7, AND install the two OSs on my computer?

That would be a very big help.

Dennis

I need a Win 7 dual boot, with the 64 bit and 32 bit on my computer. Epson does not have 64 bit drivers for my RX680. Win 7/32 works the printer as if it were Vista.

Can I buy one copy and get the 32 and 64 bit Win 7, AND install the two OSs on my computer?

That would be a very big help.

Dennis

I found a x64 Vista driver for your printer here. Give it a try if you havent. You may need to run in compatibility mode.

For your next question, yes you can install both x86 and x64 on your computer, but you will only be able to activate one of them.

Back