Windows 7 brand new build, TERRIBLE performance

a10112

I just built this puppy... and it's not performing the way I want it to.
Intel i5 2500k (downclocked to 2.5GHz until I get some better fans for the heatsink and case intake)
everything else is default: Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Basically, if I move my Logitech G9 around (a few circles on the desktop), audio will get really choppy as will video given video is playing (youtube so far, no local files) until I stop moving my cursor. If I move the cursor slow enough, nothing noticeable will happen... but that's not really a feasible solution.

I just built this puppy... and it's not performing the way I want it to.
Intel i5 2500k (downclocked to 2.5GHz until I get some better fans for the heatsink and case intake)
everything else is default: Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Basically, if I move my Logitech G9 around (a few circles on the desktop), audio will get really choppy as will video given video is playing (youtube so far, no local files) until I stop moving my cursor. If I move the cursor slow enough, nothing noticeable will happen... but that's not really a feasible solution.

it's the interrupts. 25% CPU (or a whole core) and the entire system drags around. I'll be trying some other DDR3 RAM and using one stick of the AVEXIR at a time. kind of a pain in the butt.

good and bad news. I found the problem (good)... but it's half my RAM (bad). It looks like Win7 was constantly trying to re-route memory around the borked area whenever input at a higher rate happened (mouse). keyboard input was OK because keyboards only work off of very tiny (<5ms) interrupt signals.

Back