Windows Forum Team
This tutorial shows you how to enable the old "press F8 to get the Advanced Start Menu" to be able to get to safe mode.
- Open an elevated command prompt (Press [Windows key] type "cmd", right click Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator")
- Type bcdedit /enum to display your boot entries
- Look at the Windows Boot Loader entry identifer (1) and make note of it
- You will also notice the bootmenupolicy is set to Standard (2)
- You need to change it to Legacy with the follow command. Change (3) to match your identifer if it is different
- Reboot and you should now be able to the Advanced Startup Menu by pressing F8