Windows 7 Bsod 0x0000007F

AirlessAlarm

Hello
About a month ago iv noticed that in rare occasions this bsod would pop up out of the blue and i haven't found any way to fix it. It seems to happen most commonly in Gta 5 on steam while playing. Another problem i found is that no matter what i do no mini dumps appear in its usual plase, il also leave a picture of the bsod on my screen. Thank you

Attachments

• 20151003_175435.jpg
    20151003_175435.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 487
Hi,
to help you best we need to see the actual dump files. As your machine isn't creating them please make sure your settings are set like thus:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Other reasons for no dump file can include no pagefile or one that's below 200mb so if you changed it return to default values.

You will have to bsod again before a dump file will be created. Once you have some dump files please read the thread below as it will help you to collect the info we need.
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

This bugcheck can mean hardware failure although if your overclocking please return to default values and see if the bsod stops. This bugcheck can often be attributed to failing RAM as well as an out of date Bios. Once I see the dump file i'll be able to tell you more.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away (you'll see errors outlined in red.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Ok i so i added that Memtest86 and did all the things you said with the dump files but the problem is those where already the settings that have been on. i show in screenshot. So right now i am attempting to trigger this bsod to get that dump. Thank you very much for your fast reply :)

Attachments

• bsod screenshot 1.PNG
    bsod screenshot 1.PNG
    64.8 KB · Views: 380
  • secind bsod.PNG
    secind bsod.PNG
    110.6 KB · Views: 408
Don't forget what i said about the pagefile. As soon as you post the dump file we can debug. Also you can always test your RAM in the meantime.
Ok i so i added that Memtest86
What does this mean?

You can't 'add it' to anything. You need to run the app using either a disk or usb stick. If your not sure how to use it then let us know and we'll help.

i added it to my usb so what do i do now?
And i did the regular ram tests from windows recovery disc and no problems came up.
I also looked at the modified date of the dump and it still says last modified 3 months ago with nothing in it but when i looked in its property's it said it was last used yesterday at the time of the previews bsod. And i set all the pagefile stuff to its default.
I did also check problem reporting and it did find 6 problems but i have no idea how to access and view what they were.
And incase this might have something to do with it here is my spec list.
CPU: Intel Core I5-3470 CPU
GPU: GTX 660 ti
RAM: 16GB (4x 4GB DDR 1600 MHZ Corsair Vengeance)
MOBO: Asus p8z77-v pro

Attachments

• .PNG
    .PNG
    2.1 KB · Views: 405
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    30.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
i added it to my usb so what do i do now?
To run memtest86 from either disk or usb you need to enter the bios and change the boot order. This is so when the machine boots up it will boot from the USB stick and not your HDD.
Windows memory tester simply isn't good enough and the industry standard is memtest86.

So are you still waiting for a bsod or are they occurring and just not producing a dump file? Have you tried running the application found here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

I booted the usb from the bios so do i just wait?
And the problem is that the bsods just not making dump files even tho it says it is in the bsod itself.
and the tool u sent i in fact have but im not sure exactly what to do with it.

Ok thats good. I see you have two different speeds of RAM running together. Normally in this situation the RAM will default to the lower speed but i wonder if this causing an issue as 2 are running in XMP profiles and two are not. If the bsod continues I would, as a test, remove two of the sticks making sure what you leave behind is both the same.

Make sure you have .Net 3.5 installed. Also try running as admin (right click on it, properties, run as admin)

I found a dumpfile of a kernal crash that happend yesterday. it wasent a blue screen but it did crash my computer. i was also able to get that diagnostic tool to work too.

Attachments

• Dumpfile.rar
    120.4 KB · Views: 301
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 117, {fffffa80148ac4e0, fffff88005a309f0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1599f0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above bugcheck means the display driver tried to reset but for some reason failed. These are called TDR's and can be caused by many things:
Why does it happen? TDRs can occur for a variety of reasons, many of which are unrelated to the graphics card or graphics driver. Since Vista launched, NVIDIA has been working hard to address TDRs issues that are specific to the graphics driver.
Reference

I noticed a couple of things looking through the dump file. Many of your drivers are quite old and you also have two Anti-Virus applications running namely Norton and Avast. We always advise users to remove Norton anyway as the program, although once great (circa 2002), is now pants and wraps it's tentacles into almost every part of the system. There may also be a conflict between the two AV systems. Please remove using the Norton removal Tool:
Uninstall your Norton product using Norton Removal Tool

I see you have the latest Nvidia driver installed although to ensure it's installed cleanly please uninstall the driver using the Display Driver Uninstaller:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) Download & Support - Wagnardmobile Forum
This will remove any loose bits of drive left behind by previous installs.
Re-install the driver:
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Please run the Intel driver update utility:
Intel® Driver Update Utility

AppleCharger.sys Wed Nov 02 02:46:00 2011: GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver. May cause BSOD on Win7/8 systems - uninstall to test.

Rt64win7.sys Tue Jun 12 15:00:29 2012: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet please update:
Realtek

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Oct 30 09:51:36 2012: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver please update:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Lets check the Vram on the card:
HOME PAGE OF MISHA CHERKES

Update the above and see how you go. Post any new dump files.

Back
Top Bottom