Windows 8 bsod 0x0000124 hal.dll

cy123

My computer is 3 months old it was all fine since like week ago when i got a bsod. It happens every 5 min i cant do anything but only in normal mode in safe mode there isnt bsod so far. I done everything reinstal fresh windows, new drivers and update them all win updates i even tryied removing the ram but still getting the same bsod. I have never used overclocking and my temperatures are fine gpu and cpu at idle 28 C and while playing game 60 to 68 C max. Any help would be appriciated.

Attachments

• WP_20141212_005.jpg
    WP_20141212_005.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 463
  • WP_20141212_006.jpg
    WP_20141212_006.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 445
  • WP_20141213_001.jpg
    WP_20141213_001.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 434
Hello and welcome to the forums.
First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Then……Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.

And while waiting for a response regarding your issue some additional homework that you can perform yourself to move the diagnostic process along.
Check with your computer manufacturer or better yet your system board manufacturer and see if there is a BIOS update available, specific for your motherboard that may help in addressing system stability issues.

Check your hard disk for issues by using the native Disk Check Utility. Open an elevated command prompt and type
chkdsk C: /R
and hit enter. Answer in the affirmative “Y” when prompted and reboot your computer. Allow it to complete all five stages which will likely take some time (bigger the drive, longer it takes) and check the results in the Event Viewer when complete.

Check your system memory for problems.
Download Memtest86+ from this location here.
Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours (over-night even better). If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test on RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Back
Top Bottom