Windows 7 BSOD 0x0124 troubleshooting.

msk

Hello,

Attached is a .zip containing all of the information requested in the tutorial thread of this board.

I am experiencing what seem to be random BSOD with the code 0x0124, which I understand is typically hardware related. I am asking for feedback to see if there is some obvious issue I have missed; I have updated drivers and the BIOS, but it has not stopped the problem. Thanks,

msk

9bGaF.png

TwoIN.png

Attachments

• seven forums user msk.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 667
Apologies, couldn't figure out how to format the RAMmon results other than in .txt

I attached the output. If you need me to screenshot I can post that.

Attachments

• RAMmon msk.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 456
I have looked in my BIOS settings and cannot find where I have gone wrong. There is only one place to change the memory voltage, and I have it set to 1333 with 9-9-9-24.

My motherboard looks like it was doing MCH Strapping on 'auto' setting, could that have been to blame? I set it to match DRAM frequency now. I am at a loss.

Thank you for your quick responses.

Reset the bios - load setup defaults/optimized defaults/fail-proof settings.
Save and reboot.
Reattach CPU-Z memory snapshot.

I believe my crashes were a direct result of overclocking the processor. I don't know the science of it, but running my i7 processor at a previously stable overclock (set by the company that built my computer) meant I was forcing the mobo to set DRAM frequency target as 1905Mhz. Tuning the processor overclock down allowed me to set the DRAM frequency target at 1333Mhz. Here is a CPU-Z memory snapshot; I believe the frequency is now correct. I ran Prime95 for about 10 hours to test stability with no BSOD.

UCc11.png

Thanks for the help, will post again if the error recurs. Mainly writing this out here in case someone ends up reading the thread through google.

Back