Windows 7 BSOD 1e error code while playing games

mkcollard

Hello everyone!

First off I'm going to tell you guys and girls that I'm not the computer smart. When it comes to cars, I'm your right hand man, but computer not so much! (Yea i understand the basics of virus protection and what to and not to download) Today while playing Star Wars The Old Republic I blue screened. This has been the 3rd time in the past week. All of the error codes have been the same thing. A friend of mine recently upgraded my computer. I bought a nvidia gtx 760 card with an amd fx-8 core processor if that means anything. My friend has been very busy so I haven't had the chance to contact about this issue. Another friend of mine told me to download WhoCrashed to get the info on the crash. I ran it and here's what I found about my recent crash:

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Wed 7/10/2013 4:27:18 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070913-13821-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntoskrnl.exe[/FONT] (nt+0x75BD0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED[/FONT]
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Wed 7/10/2013 4:27:18 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntkrnlmp.exe[/FONT] (nt!KeBugCheck+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED[/FONT]
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I have no idea what that means... Here's hoping to you gents you can help me solve this. Honestly it's not the fact that I can't get back into gaming, it's typing my college papers. I'm going off as a 1st time student this fall, and this computer can't do this while I'm typing a thesis or whatnot. Any and all help is highly appreciated!
[/FONT]

Both of these crashes blame the kernel (core) of the operating system (the ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe files).
If this was the case the system would have many more problems other than the occasional BSOD.
In these cases we figure that the kernel isn't to blame, and we look for issues with 3rd party (non-Windows) drivers.

To do this, we'll need this info: http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html

My main PC is on the fritz at the moment. It turns on but doesn't display picture. Once I figure out that issue, I'll send another message with the info. Thank you!

Back