Windows 7 BSoD after exiting Thief. Memory Management Error

I think when I go to bed tonight I'll try the memtest with one stick at a time and do the same tomorrow for the other stick. Everything seems to cause a BSoD when it happens, never the same thing. So I'll pretty much start it when I go to bed and when I get back from work I'll see if it's fine or not.

To be honest you may find you get better luck trying the way I suggested as I've known of cases where a RAM stick turned out to be faulty but Memtest86 didn't pick it up. The only way to find out is using the method i described. It seems that sometimes you simply cannot run Memtest86 long enough to catch the error.

Alright so I'm testing my first stick now and maxing it out most of the time. Anything you suggest that can possibly trip my bsod? It happens while playing games mostly. Anything I should notice that happens with a bad stick?

Alright I think I figured it out. My FIRST stick of RAM didn't work out so well, second stick was just fine. Right now I'm running 4+ videos, league of legends client, and The Witcher in the background on two seperate monitors. http://puu.sh/iUMYr/daf71c2ea3.png

The first stick would just give out and go straight to black screen with no BSoD. It would do this when I had just The Witcher and a livestream running. Now I'm just trying to bombard it and so far it's been fine.

Alright so I'm testing my first stick now and maxing it out most of the time. Anything you suggest that can possibly trip my bsod? It happens while playing games mostly. Anything I should notice that happens with a bad stick?
Didn't a certain game give you a bsod, Thief was it?

Mind you from what you say in your second post you might be onto something. When you tested the sticks individually did you use the same slot?

You could try running memtest86 on the dodgy stick, the one that gave black screens? Plus try the games which led to a bsod originally and see if one occurrs, of course this may take some time.

Alright. I'll play thief today on it while having other things running in the background. Then I'll setup me test for overnight and till I get off on work.

Ok so I got it to BSoD again but after I hit the bluescreen it stayed there. http://puu.sh/iVQnZ/27f882c557.png. I was just playing thief and had a stream up on second stream with a couple tabs open this time. Was using the "dodgy" stick. I just put in the other to see if it happens again.

"Right, so all of the attached DMP files are of the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) bug check.

This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high. This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses."

That's what I looked up and seems to be just a driver issue though.

Last edited:
Ok so are you getting these bsod's on just one stick or both because if I recall we were testing to see if either stick blue screened or not.
Personally I would take out the stick your using and pop in the other one. See if you can recreate the same conditions and ultimately a bsod. If you cannot get the stick to blue screen then chances are the stick is good and the other is the faulty one which will need replacing.

It might be the case that you would have to run Memtest86 for far longer. If I was you I'd go by what the recent testing has shown that one stick is bad and the other is good.

Back