Windows 7 BSOD After removing virus.

Johzen

I get BSODs before Windows7 even starts to load. I can't get in through Safe Mode, I still get BSODs.
I've tried System Restore, it won't restore, probably because of the BSOD, 0x8000ffff.
I've tried everything in the Advance Recovery Method and Startup Repair.
It said something about my hard disk is write-protected, when I tried chkdsk.

It started after I restart, after the virus scan and quarantine. I was using Webroot.
I just need to get my files, then maybe I can reformat. I think this has something to do with the SVDHALP.exe virus.

All I can use is CMD.

TYVMIA
Johzen

I get BSODs before Windows7 even starts to load. I can't get in through Safe Mode, I still get BSODs.
I've tried System Restore, it won't restore, probably because of the BSOD, 0x8000ffff.
I've tried everything in the Advance Recovery Method and Startup Repair.
It said something about my hard disk is write-protected, when I tried chkdsk.

It started after I restart, after the virus scan and quarantine. I was using Webroot.
I just need to get my files, then maybe I can reformat. I think this has something to do with the SVDHALP.exe virus.

All I can use is CMD.

TYVMIA
Johzen
Sounds like a plan. Why don't you download a Linux Live CD be sure to get the correct version for your architecture (32 or 64bit) and burn the ISO to a disc, boot to the disc, open up two computer windows and drag your critical data off onto an external USB drive.
Let us know how it's going.
Regards
Randy

Last edited:
Thanks for the response,Would it be fine to boot through USB.Also take reformat as the last resort.Will your suggestion take long? Like how is it done?Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated.TYVMIAJohzen

I recommend using ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD. You can, of course, do as you wish (some people seem to have problems getting the ISO written to a USB devise, don't ask me why).
Will your suggestion take long?
I couldn't possibly guess, that would depend on how much data you have to move and the power and resources of your unit. Once the ISO is burnt to the CD and the boot to CD process starts (configure BIOS to support this) you'll have an Ubuntu Desktop up in no time.
Like how is it done?
Just use the menu items at the top left of the desktop to open two instances of "Computer" one for your external drive and one for the problem drive(s) and or partition(s) and drag and drop your files as needed.
Good luck, keep us posted
Regards
Randy

Last edited:
May I suggest to create a usb linux live cd, use a program called unetbootin. Give you a choice of multiple distributions.

As far as the virus, on McAfee, if it is talking about the same thing, it refers to a startup hook. Have you tried booting to a virus scanner, or are you sure the problem has been removed?

As far as the virus, on McAfee, if it is talking about the same thing, it refers to a startup hook. Have you tried booting to a virus scanner, or are you sure the problem has been removed?
Who said anything about Mcafee?Startup hook? I get BSODs before Windows load.How can I boot through a Virus Scanner? I'm sorry but I didnt understand anything that you said. But thanks for the effort of replying :)

Who said anything about Mcafee?Startup hook?
I said McAfee, if it is correctly responding to the virus you mentioned, states it installs a Startup Hook. It doesn't make a difference what it might do, but if you have not already, you might try to find a bootable virus scanner. I know Microsoft has a version which seems to be a beta, but there is a possibility it might find something.

There are probably others beside Microsoft, I just have no knowledge of them.

I'll be adding cbrom to the blocked execution list immediately

Would it be possible to have a Mac version of your "Universal USB Installer", just a suggestion.

EDIT:
Ok, so guys... what do I do after making my USB Bootable of Linux?
Install it? then? Just copy the files?

What do I do after copying my items? How can I solve the BSODs?

Reformat, VERY LAST option.

EDIT:
Also! Is their a Linux app that can backup Windows?
Or maybe I can use a VMWare to boot to my Old Windows, if that's possible?
So that I can backup my Windows.

Lesson Learned, always BackUp every critical update.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to have a Mac version of your "Universal USB Installer", just a suggestion.

EDIT:
Ok, so guys... what do I do after making my USB Bootable of Linux?
Install it? then? Just copy the files?

What do I do after copying my items? How can I solve the BSODs?

Reformat, VERY LAST option.

EDIT:
Also! Is their a Linux app that can backup Windows?
Or maybe I can use a VMWare to boot to my Old Windows, if that's possible?
So that I can backup my Windows.

Lesson Learned, always BackUp every critical update.

Mac version Download UNetbootin, Universal Netboot Installer from SourceForge.net

All I did was copy my Hard Disk.
I hope nothing would change from Windows to Linux copying.

Do you guys think I'm ready to reformat? >:\

Last edited:
Back