Windows 7 Bsod and infinite welcome screen

EVGAEnthusiast

A couple days ago I installed new drivers for my GTX 970 all was going well but I noticed a lot of system lag and constant freezing. I usually put my computer to sleep and then wake it up because the boot time is very slow, but once I would wake it up it would freeze for a while and then come back but it would be very sluggish. I was playing some games and then when I exited out my computer froze until it went into the blue screen of death. The blue screen happened two more times after that. I removed the 970 to see if all would go well but it is now stuck on the welcome screen. I can boot into safe mode though.

Hi,
if you can get into the menu which shows safe mode you could try 'Last good known configuration'.

If you can somehow download this application :
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.6.0.2 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

You can use the above application (which needs to used in safe mode ) to uninstall the gpu driver. What it also does is clean out any loose bits of driver left behind by previous installs.

If you manage to get back into the system and your still blue screening (I also moved your thread to the bsod section) read this thread and post the results:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Hmm no change then. Have you tried system restore? Go back to a time before you installed the new drivers?

Do you have a windows 7 install disk? If so boot from it and instead of re-installing click repair instead.

Back