Windows 7 BSOD before I can log on

printingless

Every time I turn on my computer, it either runs by itself showing nothing on the screen or it reaches the log in page and the blue screen appears. I don't know why but the error code differs every time.

Such error codes that appear:

Page fault in nonpaged area
System service exception
Bug code USB driver
Bad pool header

If the error code doesn't appear, it's usually another crash dump.

The annoying thing is that I can't get access to my files before the BSOD appears. I even tried in safe mode and that hasn't helped. Whenever I try the system restore the BSOD would appear and block that from happening.

I'm currently using Windows 7 32bit.

Here's some of my dmp files on Skydrive.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=168e672fc271e4c9&resid=168E672FC271E4C9!106

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Last edited:
I am not the dump file Guru here, but your files seem to suggest memory corruption issues. The Pool memory has always seemed to me to be related to a bad driver.

Since your system has a file from 2005 (ASACPI.sys), I would be suspicious of that. It seems to be a file loaded by the ASUS probe utilities, but anything that old could be causing problems, but not always the case.

If you cannot boot you system, either normally or in safe mode, I would boot to the DVD and use the Repair Environment (or some other offline access method) to rename the file for testing. It is located in the Windows\System32\drivers folder.

Beyond this, I can't get much more info from the dump files. All of the three I checked seem to give different errors.

printingless:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html#post140678
Download and run the utilities found there
SF Diagnostic tool. Right click it and choose run as administrator
CPUz. Use the windows snipping tool to capture images from all the tabs in the application, including all the slots that are populated with memory under the SPD tab.
RAMMon. Export the html report
Once you have accumulated all the data put it into a folder on your desktop, right click the folder, choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder and attach that to your next post by clicking reply button, then go advanced button, then using the paper clip to attach it.
Saltgrass is correct and most of your .dmp files (apparently all within minutes of one another) indicate issues in one form or another with memory and I see your most recent .dmp file reflect that you've already upgraded the asacpi.sys to the latest version. The only other thing that I would suggest right now would be to at least temporarily uninstall Avast either by using the uninstaller if present in the programs own menu or else by using the programs and features applet in the control panel and then follow that up by running the vendor specific proprietary removal tool and replace it at least for now with Link Removed due to 404 Error
Thank You
Randy

Back
Top Bottom