Windows 7 BSOD During Video Playback

heath3779

Hello,
I have a practically brand new PC, I finished building it in August, and everything was fine until today I got the BSOD twice while trying to watch videos that were saved on my hard drive. Norton 360 and windows both found no issues after either crash and I would like to resolve the problem before it worsens. Thanks

Hello,
I have a practically brand new PC, I finished building it in August, and everything was fine until today I got the BSOD twice while trying to watch videos that were saved on my hard drive. Norton 360 and windows both found no issues after either crash and I would like to resolve the problem before it worsens. Thanks

Attachments

• W7F_07-11-2014.zip
    820.6 KB · Views: 470
Here are the crash logs. I don't know why it didn't upload to the first post like I told it to.

Attachments

• W7F_07-11-2014.zip
    820.6 KB · Views: 264
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff80002e88c3f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!WfpExpireEntryLru+17 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
both dump files blamed Norton AV as the probable cause and Norton is well known in debugging circles for causing issues. Please remove using this tool:
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Try running MSE in it's place:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/security-essentials-download

Back