Windows 7 BSOD !!! hidusb.sys

nehoma

Honorable Member
I often get the BSOD and have used the downloadable windows debugger tool which on inspecting my memory dump says that hiusb.sys is the problem. Now as this file is not in my drivers folder I assume that I need it.
I have googled for the file and there are plenty of references for fixing hidusb problems but they all lead to "PAY FOR" programs.
Any ideas where I can download this file or can I extract it from the DVD and if so how please.:redface::)

It is a generic Human Input Device USB driver. What type of mouse/keyboard are you using?
Was this an upgrade or a clean install?
What speed did you burn your DVD at?
This is a pretty typical driver and shouldn't be having a problem are there any yellow exclamation points in device manager?
Finally did you install your Mobo Drivers from CD or are you simply using the ones windows installs natively?

Good advice,

Has Windows 7 been installed for a while or is this a new install?

Also, try switching any USB devices to different ports and see if that has any effect.

I think I have fixed this. On checking the Device Manager I found that there were two Mice listed. one wasw "an HID compliant mouse and the other was my mouse in use with intellipoint drivers. so I uninstalled the HID mouse with Device Manager and so far so good, no BSOD.

Does this seem logical to you experts.

Thanks for replies.

Back
Top Bottom