Windows 7 BSOD: IRQL on iastor.sys

1CC

I encountered this BSOD every time I log in windows in normal mode. Yesterday I can still stay in normal mode for some time but now it can only stay for about 5 seconds and then BSOD occurs. Now I can only access my computer in safe mode.
20150729_192043.jpg

I notice that some people experience similar problem and suggest updating Rapid storage but It always end up in "this platform is not supported" (maybe because I'm in safe mode).

Does anyone how to fix this in safe mode?

Attachments

• 20150729_192043.jpg
    20150729_192043.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 462
Hi 1CC,
that is an Intel storage driver so your on the right track. Whilst it is possible to install some drivers in safe mode obviously it's more desirable to do it in the proper Windows environment. As you say it could be why they are not installing correctly as long as you have the correct driver of course (that error message regarding 'platform not supported' is sometimes seen when your accidently trying to install a 32bit driver on a 64bit os.) Try downloading the driver again:
Intel® Download Center

Another thing you could try is when your booting into safe mode you'll see a screen which ask for the number 4 for safe mode but you'll also notice at the top 'last good known configuration' and it might be worth trying that.

If you manage to get back into the machine but are still getting bsod's then read this sticky and post the results:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

I've managed to enter normal windows for some moment and tried to install it but seems like "the platform is not supported" still happening. I've checked the driver availability through manufacturer's website for lenovo y570 and seems like it only compatible with version 11.x or so while the latest available are 14.x so I just download the 11.x ver and install it from there but I don't think it helped in any way since now I still encounter another BSOD.

I add the w7 diagnostic files and cpuz here, but I run them on safe mode now so the cpuz encountered error and the SPD tab show blank tables on every slot.

I'm thinking to just fix windows by just upgrading W7 to W10 (though I will need a lucky log in where no BSOD occur for that session) since the windows I use comes pre installed and I don't have installation disk to fix without reverting to factory setting, will this method fix/reset corrupted windows files?

Attachments

• W7F_31-07-2015.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 775
  • cpuz files.zip
    99.3 KB · Views: 323
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41201, fffff6800007f008, 8000000007527, fffffa800897f510}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
Probably caused by : klif.sys ( klif+a9f5b )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
although the bugcheck 1A is for severe memory issue I do not think it's because you have faulty RAM. Indeed the above dump file is blaming Kaspersky AV and I would uninstall it and see if the bsod stops. Use the default Defender in it's place. In fact if Kaspersky was installed when you did the upgrade that could be why you have had these issues. You should uninstall security apps when upgrading really.
Your drivers are quite old and as you know your limited to whats on the machines support page. Try and update the drivers to at least 8.1 versions.
Post any new dump files.

I already removed kaspersky before but got avira installed to replace it. I made a mistake by trying to install w10 before removing it. Now it can't detect drive c. This laptop has a physical button that enable access to hidden partition for factory reset setting, but now it's not working. Is there any way to mount the drive so it can be detected? My only way to do access anything is through independent linux bootable dvd.

I made a mistake by trying to upgrade the windows system into 10 and ruined whole system on the disk (include the hidden partition). I end up formatting the whole disk, even so it's now crippled (the one key button can't be used anymore and take a longer time to boot, the startup sound also comes out late and I can no longer install that intel rapid storage ). I'll try to fix it when I got more time, but this will do for my work at the very at least. Thanks for the help though, really appreciate it.

Hmm... Try this, open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Also run in the same admin command prompt:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time)

These scans will check files and if need be correct any corruption. It's perhaps a long shot but it might correct a few things which could be amiss. Plus if your still blue screening 1CC then please send in the dumps and I'll debug em. We'll get this sorted I'm sure of it.. :)

Back