betelgeuse

Hi. I am having an issue only with Guild Wars and my computer. It will run for about 30 minutes or so and then will BSOD on me. This is the only time my computer freezes. It started about 2 months ago with one of their patches. I have re-installed drivers, the game client, ran antivirus, hard drive tests, almost everything I could think of. I have recently (within the past 3 months) re-installed windows 7. I have attached the last three dumps (all from GW2) in hopes that you can give me an idea of where else to look. Thanks!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800AA55028
BCP3: 00000000B625A000
BCP4: 000000000E000135
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\041613-26052-01.dmp
C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-90262-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

Solution
It seems like you're facing a recurring Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issue while playing Guild Wars 2 on your Windows 7 system. The STOP code (BCCode) mentioned in your crash dumps is 0x124, which typically indicates hardware issues or driver problems. Here's an analysis of the information you provided:
- BCCode 124: This bug check typically indicates hardware issues, specifically related to the CPU, motherboard, or power supply.
Given that you have reinstalled drivers and the game client, as well as performed antivirus scans and hard drive tests, let's delve a bit deeper into possible solutions based on the information provided:
1. Overheating: Excessive heat can trigger this type of crash. Ensure that your system isn't...
It seems like you're facing a recurring Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issue while playing Guild Wars 2 on your Windows 7 system. The STOP code (BCCode) mentioned in your crash dumps is 0x124, which typically indicates hardware issues or driver problems. Here's an analysis of the information you provided:
- BCCode 124: This bug check typically indicates hardware issues, specifically related to the CPU, motherboard, or power supply.
Given that you have reinstalled drivers and the game client, as well as performed antivirus scans and hard drive tests, let's delve a bit deeper into possible solutions based on the information provided:
1. Overheating: Excessive heat can trigger this type of crash. Ensure that your system isn't overheating during gameplay. Check if your CPU and GPU temperatures are within safe limits.
2. Hardware Check:
- RAM: Run a thorough memory test to check for any issues with your RAM modules.
- Graphics Card: Make sure your GPU is functioning correctly. Update its drivers if necessary.
- Power Supply: A failing or insufficient power supply can also cause such issues.
3. Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows 7 system is fully updated. Sometimes, system updates can resolve compatibility issues.
4. BIOS Update: If you haven't done it recently, consider checking for a BIOS update for your motherboard. Updates often include bug fixes that can address stability issues.
5. Event Viewer Logs: Check the Event Viewer for any critical errors or warnings leading up to the crash. This could provide more insight into the root cause.
6. System File Checker (SFC): Run an SFC scan to check for and repair any corrupted system files that might be causing the crash.
7. Minidump Analysis: You can analyze the minidump files themselves to get more detailed information on the crash. Tools like BlueScreenView can help with this.
8. Check for Specific Game Related Issues: Since the issue seems specific to Guild Wars 2, check online forums or support for the game to see if others have faced a similar problem.
Given the nature of the BCCode 124 error, it's crucial to focus on hardware-related checks. If the issue persists after trying these steps, further investigation might be needed to pinpoint the exact cause of the crashes.

Solution
Back