Windows 8 BSOD occuring after Windows 8.1 update.

Blackiball

Occurred soon after I updated to Windows 8.1. I have everything up to date. When the crash occurred and the message "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (igdkmd64.sys)" appeared, I checked out the "igdkmd64.sys" and attempted to repair it by using DLL Suite, but it says that it couldn't find a problem with it.

Attachments

• W7F_19-10-2013.zip
    1 MB · Views: 1,688
Same as Blackiball

Attachments

• 100313-46312-01.dmp
    274.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 101513-34937-01.dmp
    274.2 KB · Views: 297
  • 101913-45140-01.dmp
    821.7 KB · Views: 324
  • 102013-26875-01.dmp
    274.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 102113-20265-01.dmp
    274.2 KB · Views: 290
Blackiball:

Looked over your zip Posts and found a couple of things. The igdkmd64.sys driver is from the Intel IGFX video driver series, and research on repairing this problem involves going to the OEM or Manufacturer's website and downloading the correct version of the driver, NOT the Intel site itself. Intel designs the basic driver libraries, and each Manufacturer that uses their libraries customizes it for their particular video hardware ( Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 in your case). Your Toshiba Satellite laptop uses the customized version of that Intel IGFX graphics hardware library. Therefore you must download the latest driver for Win8.1 from the Toshiba website. It appears the driver you have did not come from there.

Try this location on the actual Toshiba Support website: http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200005675

**Set a Windows Restore Point, and backup any critical personal data to an External hard drive, Flash drive, or cd/dvd disc(s) prior to this procedure**.

Step #1: Temporarily disable any and all Anti-Virus, Firewall, and Security programs (such as Norton or McAfee) on your laptop and then uninstall your Video Driver.

Step #2: Go to Device Manager and find the Video driver listed and uninstall it from Properties.

Step #3: Go to the link I posted above on the Toshiba Support download site and download the new driver to your laptop hard drive.

Step #4: Run the saved driver file and follow the directions. The driver install wizard may ask you to restart your laptop. Do so.

Step #5: Log in to your Windows 8.1 desktop and test. Let laptop run for 2 hrs. minimum, reboot, 3 hrs. shutdown, reboot, 4 hrs. shutdown, and so forth. Hopefully, the new driver will resolve your BSOD (Blue Screen problem). :D

One other thing; I noticed in your various logs and event viewer information that you were running PC Mechanic to possibly fix this problem and other driver problems you may have had in the past with this laptop. I strongly urge you to remove that program from your Laptop immediately and do not use. :noway: Programs such as these edit the Registry dynamically, and can cause problems because of the locations of where they find and download the drivers into your laptop. Often, especially with new versions of Windows such as the 8.1 update, they go to the wrong site, such as the Intel site as I explained above to get the new version of this driver. This is incorrect since THAT driver did not include the customization that Toshiba engineers did to make that video driver library for the IGFX suite work with YOUR PARTICULAR LAPTOP MODEL!

These automated programs can help you, but attempting to use them to solve complex driver issues stemming from a major Windows update relase can often make the problem worse, because they are automated you have no control over what they do to your computer and often the only resolution is a complete Windows reload.:scratch: :skull:

BIGBEARJEDI :brew:

Back