Windows 7 BSOD of many types

Kevster24

Getting a number of blue screens on new build including SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION.

PLEASE HELP!!

System Specs I7 cpu
GTX Geforce 770 gpu
16 gigs of ram
gigabyte Z87X-UD3H motherboard
windows 7 64bit OS

have attached compiled W7F diagnostic folder

Attachments

• W7F_08-08-2013.zip
    894.6 KB · Views: 317
hey was able to do the second two fixes but unsure how to do the athrx.sys looked for it online please provide instructions or link. also read another post and disabled Ethernet in device manager please advise and thanks for the help thus far.

Not sure what you mean.
There was only two things I mentioned
1. Update the athrx.sys driver (that is your TP-Link driver it uses an Atheros chip set) which is contained in the link I gave you to TP-Link
2. Turn off driver verifier
That's it.
Run the system and see if it blue screens again, if it does upload the new .dmp files here.

And not sure why you "disabled ethernet in device manager" but un-disable it

ok did that blue screens still coming up from time to time here is the more recent dump files. problem seems to always worsen or go to extremes while attempting to update windows.

Attachments

• 080813-7534-01.dmp
    290.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 080813-7410-01.dmp
    290.9 KB · Views: 223
And those .dmp files are still showing
athrx.sys 2/22/2011
And that driver contained in the update I linked to is showing a 01/21/2013 date you may want to update it manually.
Driver Install - Manual Method

1. Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
  2. Open the Device Manager.
  3. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  4. Choose Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Select Have disk...
  8. Select Browse..
  9. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  10. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
  11. After it has installed, GoTo C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Locate the driver you've just updated, right click it and check the dates under its properties.

Thanks for the step by step instructions. I followed them precisely and still get the BSOD :/
I'll upload my latest .dmp file for you to check out.
Thanks again for all the help, it's saving me a lot of time here.

got a blue screen again in the uploading process...
also, I tried simply deleting athrx.sys manually and then installing the driver according to the steps you listed. Again that didn't work :/

Also, I am unable to upload the .dmp. I've tried two different computers. Maybe my .dmp file is bad now, or maybe the website is having some issues.

I'll try again soon!

Attachments

• W7F_09-08-2013.zip
    292.6 KB · Views: 668
The W7F_09-08-2013.zip file attached above does not contain any .dmp files least of all a new one.
Please check and confirm you are using all the latest possible driver for that particular board from here http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4481&dl=1#driver
Additionally change the driver drop down to BIOS and check, I believe that there is an update available to F7 from the one you are currently using specifically
Vendor American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS Version F4
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 05/09/2013
But be sure I've got the correct link for your specific board and exact Revision Number

Last edited:
Back